Do you use the new features?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you use the air gestures, smart scrolling, tilt to scroll, Sbeam..all of those new S4 features?
Just wondering....

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I regularly use the air gestures (waving to answer in the car, hovering over text) and find myself really liking smart scroll now that I have the hang of it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly yes. I use air gesture more than I thought I would. Quick glance is also useful.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm using them, but not all at one time. I pick a couple and use them for a while, then switch. I really like the Quick Glance, Multi Window, Air Views, and Voice control. Heck, I like them all, but need more time with them so they will become second nature in my daily use of the device.

Posted via Android Central App

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I use air gesture for wave to answer and some times to scroll web pages. I also use hovering over text to see if that email is worth opening or just deleting

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I use the quick glance all the time. And now that my alarm clock died, I use the s4 as my exclusive clock in the bedroom. I use quick glance all night long. I just wish it worked if I had the phone at an angle.

Posted via Android Central App

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I use the voice commands, they work very well. And the multi window is pretty awesome. But I haven't found a use for the air gesture to swipe pages. I don't have a big problem just swiping my finger across. Also, the air gestures themselves look funny..looks like you're removing demons from your phone or something instead of reading something.
There is a learning curve to some of these. I'm working on the one to scroll with your eyes, that might be useful. As well as tilting to scroll.
Cool stuff anyhow.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Air View is a must! So useful
I don't use the other for battery purposes, but I love that I have them there...I use the air swipe to swipe through pics and stuff

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want to use it especially in the car where I thought it would be most useful. I got tired of waving my hand to skip to the next track. LOL My boy said, like many "isn't easier to tap the screen?"

Air View, I think it would be better if it detect my finger further and the magnification was bigger.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
A coworker and I did use the Sbeam yesterday just to see it work.
It works.
But really by the time you set that all up, you can just text a pic.
It might come in handy for BIG files. I might try sbeam a video and see.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY like the quick glance feature. Didn't think I'd use it but it's very handy. Used it this am while at the gym.
Excellent.
The hover preview thing, Other than texts..what other apps does it work in?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I REALLY like the quick glance feature. Didn't think I'd use it but it's very handy. Used it this am while at the gym.
Excellent.

What I found strange is that it doesn't even work with *all* my texts...just a select few of them...anyone know why that is? (not a big deal to me, I don't even keep the feature turned on).

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Excellent.

What is quick glance?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
What is quick glance?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

If you phone is sitting on a flat surface like a table, you can wave your hand over it and see if there are any notifications and such. Doesn't fully wake up the phone and go to the lock screen, it's more like a quick status display.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I use the following features:

Smart Stay
Quick Glance
Air call-accept
Air move for the Calendar
Smart Alert
Direct Call
Mute/pause
Speed Dial Preview
Information Preview for the Calendar
Progress Preview

I think these features are great and I dont see why people wouldn't use them.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What I found strange is that it doesn't even work with *all* my texts...just a select few of them...anyone know why that is? (not a big deal to me, I don't even keep the feature turned on).

if you are talking about the hover preview, it will work on the texts that are longer than 1 line, why? because if it's just 1 line of texts you will see it completely anyhow, so when is more than 1 line, you use the hover preview and it will bring you all the text, for me that's genius and very useful and I use it every time, for Texts, contacts with long Name and Emails using the email app.