Samsung "features" screen and video won't go away

rsrwnab

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I picked up a used S4 off a guy from Craigslist today and got it activated at a local Verizon store today. The phone is working fine all around, but one HUGE annoying issue..

The DEMO screen or the "features video" called VZW demo on verizon version phone keeps popping up rather than the screen turning off. I can't get the screen to turn off for more than 1 minute and this screen pops back up, it's as if it's stuck in the video loop mode you would see at the store..

Please help
13+-+2

13+-+3

13+-+1

Last edited:

rsrwnab

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I found a disable.button in All apps section and it turns it off for a little longer but still comes back on. Also the Verizon demo mode I try to uninstall and it comes right back 30 seconds later.

I need to post a screen shot?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Post a screenshot, but it seems like you got a demo device which are programmed to run it...idk if you can go to Verizon and try to have them give u an actual device without the demo software on it

rsrwnab

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Post a screenshot, but it seems like you got a demo device which are programmed to run it...idk if you can go to Verizon and try to have them give u an actual device without the demo software on it

Just added them to the top.. I feel like I did get a demo, but heck I would have thought it wouldn't work as a demo, or other issues trying to activate it. Everything works on the phone. Might just have to root it and delete it permanently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance