Easy way to designate a Home Screen: S4

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to another forum member, but here is an easy way to get a default home screen when you press your bottom button on the S4. From any screen do a 2 finger pinch. That will bring up all the screens in a very small format. Notice there is a little "house" at the top of each screen. One of them is solid white. That is the current home screen. Just tap the house on the screen you want and it colors solid white and is the default home screen.

Hatedmom

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to another forum member, but here is an easy way to get a default home screen when you press your bottom button on the S4. From any screen do a 2 finger pinch. That will bring up all the screens in a very small format. Notice there is a little "house" at the top of each screen. One of them is solid white. That is the current home screen. Just tap the house on the screen you want and it colors solid white and is the default home screen.

Hatedmom

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Usually I am fairly intelligent, but for the life of me, I could not see the house on each screen! My brain had designated it "arrow" hahahaha!

Alishibaz

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
A 2 finger pinch is one way. But I discovered that tap the menu button (a software button) will do the same thing.

Seems like 99 percent of everything I have learned about my phone has happened by accident. When I explore my Settings and screens.

Alishibaz

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
The same was true for me. It looks like a fat arrow. I don't know why but so many of these icons look like any number of different things.

The one set of icons that drives me crazy is the "broken circle". A circle with one break at the top means "refresh". But there are several other circles with any number of other breaks. They all look the same but they all mean something different. Want to see?

Just tap on Email and (if you are using Gmail) tap on the first email you see (which selects that email for reading). Now look at the bottom of the screen.

Some people will see a circle with one break at the bottom of the screen (2nd icon from the left). Others will see a circle with two breaks. I have no clue why.