Element cases now available for the S4

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Buttons look awesome! SBS sounds interesting. Genuine carbon fiber backing? Might have to order one. Lol. Thanks for the link.

kikaha

May 8, 2013
Visit site
does that SBS actually work decently? I had an Element aluminum case on my 4S and it was awesome.

This review is for the S3 version of the case but he show how the phone sounds with the case off and with it on. And the sound is way better with the case on.
If you use the external speakers on your phone a lot then this case would be worth it.
The only thing that might suck is how much louder it's gonna make your ringtones;.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Sound boost... Interesting... How does it work?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vT-I04GsA8

I would call their sound boost a method vs. technology. The best thing I can compare it to is the effect the tube has on a Bazooka sub. I had one on my S3 and it definitely works. Fuller, louder sound with no decrease in original clarity. The kickstand on the S3 was super flimsy to the point I was afraid to use it. Hopefully they used something other than tissue paper this time.

23823407749406423413.jpg

88921889071582525537.jpg

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The sound idea is nice but come on why put a little piece of carbon fiber in the middle of the back of the divice, in the one area where a phone with a cheap plastic back least needs extra protection, not even covering anywhere near the corners? That makes no sense.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The sound idea is nice but come on why put a little piece of carbon fiber in the middle of the back of the divice, in the one area where a phone with a cheap plastic back least needs extra protection, not even covering anywhere near the corners? That makes no sense.
The phone is fully protected but not by carbon fiber which is more more for looks than protection. This company makes "fru-fru" cases that cost up to several hundred dollars - for the iPhone at least which does not have a cheap plastic back. Go figure. A non cheap plastic back costs more to protect because you can't go on fleabay and pick one up for $10. ....but I digress. At some point, it is like buying a $200 t-shirt. It is still a t-shirt after all. Go to their site and take a look and you will get a sense of what I am talking about. Their android offerings are not financially outrageous yet but they are headed in that direction. I will be getting this case. Feel free to call me "fru-fru"!

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
First "in the wild" pics from v3rn on xda: "It's REALLY thin. Much thinner than I was anticipating. It really does feel like it's a solid phone and isn't just a phone with a case on it."

Screen protector is Spigen Glast.r

Last edited:

jayarh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Got mine in the mail yesterday great quality but it is affecting my signal so im thinking of returning it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I received mine yesterday not really happy got the Eclipse S4 and the buttons on both sides are way too hard to press and it didn't look as amazing as it does in their photo's... I told my son when he gets back from his Vacation he can have it or try and send it back... If nobody else was having the button issues it might just be something from issues with quality... I still love my OtterBox low profile case...

jayarh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is like that too but the power/lock button is a lot easier to press than the volume keys

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine in the mail yesterday great quality but it is affecting my signal so im thinking of returning it

I received mine yesterday not really happy got the Eclipse S4 and the buttons on both sides are way too hard to press and it didn't look as amazing as it does in their photo's... I told my son when he gets back from his Vacation he can have it or try and send it back... If nobody else was having the button issues it might just be something from issues with quality... I still love my OtterBox low profile case...

Ah damn...I ordered the Atom I hope mine doesnt do anything like that

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get theirs yet. I want to order it for the sound boost but if it affects signal I may pass. Also how much better is the sound with the case on? Thinking of getting the atom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12