Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Bluetooth will not auto connect to car.

I just purchased the GS4 and noticed every time I turn my car off and the back on, I need to manually config the profile in order for it to work. I need to go in under profile and check "Media Audio" and Call Audio". I turn the car off and back on, bluetooth is not working. I look at those settings and the boxes I check are no longer checked. I have to do this everytime I start my car.
    I called verizon and they had no idea. I called samsung and they were clueless as well.

Anybody else have this issue or better yet a fix for it?

Default Re: Bluetooth will not auto connect to car.

Could be your car.

Have you checked any of the car forums to see if there are BT issues with your make?

They all have quirks of some sort.

John

That happened to me about two weeks ago. For several days, it intermittently didn't want to auto-connect to my Elantra. Or, if it did, it was only connecting to "Media Audio" and not "Phone and Media Audio"...so I could stream my music but I couldn't take phone calls. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped doing that, and I haven't had an issue since.

On a similar and possibly related note, I have noticed that, if I'm plugged into the auxiliary jack of my car and listening to music while keeping the S4 connected via Bluetooth in order to take calls, I can receive calls but I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me until I pull the auxiliary cord out of the phone. I wonder if it's related to your issue. Perhaps an overall issue with the phone's Bluetooth capabilities that will need to be addressed in a future software update (although I'm on Verizon so who knows when that'll ever happen...)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I didn't have the problem with my droid x in the same car.

I have a similar issue. My call audio connects automatically but my media audio doesn't and I have to set it manually each time I get into the car. This seems to be a problem for many people. This didn't happen with my Galaxy Nexus or Bionic. In general Bluetooth has been a problem since the beginning for various combinations of phones and bluetooth hardware. It has worked pretty well for me until now. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update because I use this function every day.

UPDATE: I just updated the firmware on my Parrot device and it still doesn't work (still only connects Call Audio automatically). I also tried un-pairing and re-pairing with no luck :-(
    Last edited by juergen99; 06-22-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Same exact issue as juergen99. No media audio for me. Have to do it manually each time. Wasn't an issue with my GNEX.

Exactly the same is happened on my Subaru 2011 Outback Sport. BT needs to be connected manually any time you start the car

Could be your car's firmware. I'd Google to see if others are having similar problems.

Posted via Android Central App

I finally found on another post here how to fix this!! Completely reinitialize your car bluetooth system so it is back to factory settings. Then reconnect the phone to the car using the controls on the STEERING WHEEL only, not the radio controls. I'm not sure why this works, but it did for my S5, and appears to work for the others who have tried it. It will now automatically connect to both my personal car (Subaru) and work car (Ford).