1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Safe mode?

I restarted my galaxy s4 earlier and it booted into safe mode. I assumed I accidentally pressed something while it was booting up to make this happen so I restarted again. This time it did not boot into safe mode but I've noticed some changes happened with my phone. All folders I have created in the app drawer are empty.. The folders are still there but all my apps are just floating around "loose" in the app drawer. I also noticed my phone went back to stock keyboard by default.. I had to reselect SwiftKey as my default keyboard.

My question here is.. Does anyone know why these changes took place? Also, what all was affected that I haven't noticed yet?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Safe mode?

Quote Originally Posted by fieldegl View Post
    I restarted my galaxy s4 earlier and it booted into safe mode. I assumed I accidentally pressed something while it was booting up to make this happen so I restarted again. This time it did not boot into safe mode but I've noticed some changes happened with my phone. All folders I have created in the app drawer are empty.. The folders are still there but all my apps are just floating around "loose" in the app drawer. I also noticed my phone went back to stock keyboard by default.. I had to reselect SwiftKey as my default keyboard.

My question here is.. Does anyone know why these changes took place? Also, what all was affected that I haven't noticed yet?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg

If the S4 recovery is like the S3, you need to hit a combo of 3 buttons to do so. Do you know of anything else that changed?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So far those two things are all I've noticed.

Global Posts
    13,863 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by fieldegl View Post
    So far those two things are all I've noticed.

I don't know why that event happened. Hopefully a one time glitch. If not, contact Smasung and/or your carrier.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I just experienced the same exact thing. Phone died night before, charged it this morning. Powered up into safe mode and all my apps/folders emptied and scattered.

Hopefully just a one time occurrence...

-Ryan

Did you get any useful info on the topic? googled now can't find anything, me as well booted in safe mode accidentally now apps are missing and app drawer seems confused :?, is there a way to get to where it was before the safe boot? like system restore, dont want to tamper with recovery since my experience is limited