Please help - dropped my galaxy s4 in water

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Please help drop galaxy s4 in water

Honestly, go out and get some rice if you can. It's your best bet for saving your phone.

stoopidnation

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I found some rice and bury my phone in it so what now?

- - - Updated - - -

i found rice like 30mins after taking the phone out of water
is it too late?

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Usually for the best results you need to pull the battery as soon as possible then get it in the rice as soon as possible. You did at least take the battery out immediately right? Electronics without power on them tend to favor better when wet than they do with power...

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I found some rice and bury my phone in it so what now?

- - - Updated - - -

i found rice like 30mins after taking the phone out of water
is it too late?

Just let it sit for the day.

Sent from my HOX+ loaded with Elegancia ROM v5.2.0

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Just let it sit for the day.

Sent from my HOX+ loaded with Elegancia ROM v5.2.0

I'd even say 3 days just to be sure. Did you take out everything removable? Battery and microsd and sim? Good luck. Lot of good reports about revival after being submerged I hope you have the same luck!

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Leave in rice for at least three days, then bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and serve with fish. ( actually, you are probably SOL ). Do what everyone else recommended. Take the battery out immediately, it's probably fried. Take out the sim and micro sd. Leave in rice for 3 days. Hope you have insurance.

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I really hope that you are able to salvage your phone, but if not, it gives you a reason to get a One... ;)

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

But then, if just the battery is fried, you can slap another battery in the S4 and go!!!!!

just1nsanity

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the S4 survive being in water for like 2 minutes or so? I watched a CNET video comparing the S4 to the iPhone 5 and the S4 made it to like 2:20 or something. Why wouldn't it be able to survive a fall into water and be pulled out before the 2 minute mark?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Phone wet, pull battery fast, towel dry, shake out excess, place in sealed container of rice for min 24 hours. The most important step not mentioned above is do not turn phone on to see if it is fried.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

stoopidnation

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Its been like 24hours now the phone is able to turn on but the notification bar at the top when u pull it down, its not working for me do you guys think the phone might still be wet on the inside? or its just dont work becuz of the water?
The screen is very unresponsive

Last edited:

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Its been like 24hours now the phone is able to turn on but the notification bar at the top when u pull it down, its not working for me do you guys think the phone might still be wet on the inside? or its just dont work becuz of the water?

You should have left it in the rice for 2-3 days. If you have already turned it on...who knows what is going to happen. You are trying to salvage an expensive phone. You shouldn't have rushed the process. Good luck.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781