Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Please help - dropped my galaxy s4 in water

Quote Originally Posted by mdlorenz View Post
    Help! My son left his phone in his pocket and went in the ocean. He was in for about 5 minutes before he realized it. We then removed the battery and sim card and got it rice in about an hour. Left it for 3 days, but still won't turn on. Any ideas anyone? Brand new contract on Galaxy S4!!!
    It's probably dead. Saltwater isn't good for just about anything.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Yeah I knw tht.but do u think it is too late to bury in the rice and tryna get tht work bk.

Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Linn Latt La View Post
    Yeah I knw tht.but do u think it is too late to bury in the rice and tryna get tht work bk.
    It never hurts to try, but don't get your hopes up.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Linn Latt La View Post
    Go back a little on this thread and read post #46, I explained there how to deal with salt water and a phone.

Good luck.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

If it has only been few days since you bought the phone, your credit card might cover accidental damage. Amex covers for 90 days. Unfortunately, I went to the beach 101 days after buying my phone. Good Luck!

Default Re: Please help drop galaxy s4 in water

Hi i have the same problem. I accidentally dropped my phone in water, i tear it apart took off the batt and wiped it and i blow dried it for at least 20 mins. turned it on and the screen is acting up and unresponsive at times. unfortunately the phone is lowbatt so i tried to charge it for less than 5 min and i unplugged it. the screen keeps acting up and it went blank at times. but the the lights at the bottom is still working. then from there i put it in the rice cause a friend told me to do so. is it too late? btw i have a Galaxy s4

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by abridel View Post
    Hi i have the same problem. I accidentally dropped my phone in water, i tear it apart took off the batt and wiped it and i blow dried it for at least 20 mins. turned it on and the screen is acting up and unresponsive at times. unfortunately the phone is lowbatt so i tried to charge it for less than 5 min and i unplugged it. the screen keeps acting up and it went blank at times. but the the lights at the bottom is still working. then from there i put it in the rice cause a friend told me to do so. is it too late? btw i have a Galaxy s4
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    It never hurts to try, but don't get your hopes up.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Go back a little on this thread and read post #46.

Good luck.

You need to read a few posts back to get some answers.
    Like Golfdriver said; "it never hurts to try".

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

yes, I just dropped my phone in the toilet.... it fell out of my back pocket. I almost cried but I took it out the and it was still on. I took the battery out let it dry w/0 rice .. and its been fine. Only problem I had was charging it.. but I plugged it in the computer and it started working again.. so if it worked for me it should work for you

Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    Because they absorb water & moisture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ah I see...
    Thanks

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Simple. Next time buy Samsung galaxy S4 Active.

Sent from my GSIII

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by chirag05 View Post
    Simple. Next time buy Samsung galaxy S4 Active.

Sent from my GSIII
    Lol. :thumbup:
    But many of those had problems. Didn't they?

I just dropped my phone in the the toilet (clean), phone was only submerged for 1 second. I blow dried it on a low and cool setting. The phone mostly works, but I get the occaisonal jump. I am trading this phone because it was defective in the first place. I just hope T-Mobile won't bite back because of this. It is sitting in rice right now. How does the Water Damage Indicator look like? Can someone show me?

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Hello Richard, welcome to the forums!
    I really don't know where is it, but look on the battery and on the phone, in and around the battery bay.

erm, guys i got some problem my s4 also drop in to the water now the screen become dark but siri can work rice is what??

what meaning rice ?? put in the rice ??

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zi Kang View Post
    erm, guys i got some problem my s4 also drop in to the water now the screen become dark but siri can work rice is what??
    So let me get this right... You have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that has siri??? Wow! :rolleyes:
    How did that happened? :what:

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Zi Kang View Post
    what meaning rice ?? put in the rice ??
    Yes! In rice!

Have you read earlier posts where we have several tips???

Go and read post #46 for help on a wet phone. But try to read the whole thread from the beginning for more knowledge about all this ordeal.

hello guys im from Philippines. i also accidentally dropped my Samsung galaxy s4 gt i9505 in water for about 4-6 sec and i dont know what to do i rush to open it after drying it with towel to check if its still working the result is it still work but i noticed some lag from the toolbar and so on. but the thing that most caught my attention is the green led is always there even when i turn the device off. i also reset my device thingking it would go back to normal but it doesn't. my question is can it be possibly go back to normal?

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Niko Peregrino View Post
    hello guys im from Philippines. i also accidentally dropped my Samsung galaxy s4 gt i9505 in water for about 4-6 sec and i dont know what to do i rush to open it after drying it with towel to check if its still working the result is it still work but i noticed some lag from the toolbar and so on. but the thing that most caught my attention is the green led is always there even when i turn the device off. i also reset my device thingking it would go back to normal but it doesn't. my question is can it be possibly go back to normal?
    Niko, welcome to AC!
    Did you read any of the previous posts before yours?
    Go read post #46.
    Since you didn't do everything you're supposed to now your chances of restoring your device is 50%-50%.

But you don't have nothing to loose, so go read that post and do the recommendations there.

Good luck!

Thanked by:

Unhappy Re: Please help - dropped my galaxy s4 in water

Hey guys!
    I am new to this and I am in need of help. I dropped my galaxy s4 and now my screen is statically. I have a crack on the top corner but the led light still works. Can someone tell me what is wrong and what I need to replace.

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Pricilla Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys!
    I am new to this and I am in need of help. I dropped my galaxy s4 and now my screen is statically. I have a crack on the top corner but the led light still works. Can someone tell me what is wrong and what I need to replace.
    Welcome to the forums! :thumbup:
    Did you already try drying it?
    I recommend you read the post above yours.
    You need to dry it the best you can before anything else.

Good luck! :thumbup:

thank you for reply from my post i tried the raw rice for 2 days and it work, but now after 2 weeks the green led is always there. how can i solve it? thank you in advanced but the device is still working my only problem is that green led even when the device is turned off it is still there.

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Niko Peregrino View Post
    thank you for reply from my post i tried the raw rice for 2 days and it work, but now after 2 weeks the green led is always there. how can i solve it? thank you in advanced but the device is still working my only problem is that green led even when the device is turned off it is still there.
    That might be a side effect, who knows?!

But you can try fixing it by doing a factory reset.

Good luck and let us know what happens! :thumbup:

This happened to me once with an older phone of mine. I dropped mine in a lake. I didn't use rice. I just removed the battery right away (before the water got past the battery) and let it dry out. I left it in the sun when it was hot out as well. My suggestion is either remove the battery right away, let it dry, and see if it works after that or get a new battery.

I think what happens is the battery will get wet, then the water get's inside the phone while the battery drains.

That what I like about these phone. You can remove the battery unlike Apple.

It's a bit unfair to blame Samsung in this case... a phone that's not water-proof dropped in water through your own fault,... you were lucky you got it working for a month. No one will repair a phone that's got water damage under warranty, not even Apple. The fault you are experiencing now might be unrelated, but they won't care.
    The iPhone might have gotten less damage and that's why it's still working; it's just luck.
    Sorry (my sister dropped her Sony Ericsson years ago in the toilet too so I know it can happen) but I think there's not much you can do, apart from paying for it to be repaired.

EDIT: I meant to quote Linn Latt La
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast