Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Please help - dropped my galaxy s4 in water

so this is a common issue on s4 (kidding)
    it occured for me yesterday in this way : " I dropped my s4 yesterday in water for 3 sec, after dropping I switched off and tried to clean it with a cotton and dry towel. tried to switch on and as I made myself sure it works , I turned it off & removed the battery , since I needed to go somewhere I did not put in rice at the time . at home , I dried it with a cool air flow of a hair drier ( I insist the air flow was cool not hot) and then tried to switch it on , everything worked fine . the only problem was that it does not understands the usb cable , it does not charge with it , so I put it in the rise . and it it in the rise for 24hours now "
    does anybody knows what is going on with it ?
    Last edited by prelude2love; 11-07-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Global Posts
    4,061 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by prelude2love View Post
    so this is a common issue on s4 (kidding)
    it occured for me yesterday in this way : " I dropped my s4 yesterday in water for 3 sec, after dropping I switched off and tried to clean it with a cotton and dry towel. tried to switch on and as I made myself sure it works , I turned it off & removed the battery , since I needed to go somewhere I did not put in rice at the time . at home , I dried it with a cool air flow of a hair drier ( I insist the air flow was cool not hot) and then tried to switch it on , everything worked fine . the only problem was that it does not understands the usb cable , it does not charge with it , so I put it in the rise . and it it in the rise for 24hours now "
    does anybody knows what is going on with it ?
    No! It's a common issue with people using their phone close to liquids! :rolleyes::thumbup:

Once again, if people actually read the entire thread people would find more answers. Go to post #46, you'll find it helpful.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

i have read the posts

but im just hoping it works

i dropepd my gallaxy s4 down the toilet & it had harpic loo cleaner in too !!! 0-0 only went in about an inch n i got it straight out i dryed it off & took all stuff out battery ect then used heair dryer,
    tryed switching it oin the screen sort of flashed on yellow ish & the light is on at the top but green colour not blue, so i googles searched n found this thred so have now put it in rice
    do you think im too late ??
    i also found this link has anyone used tryed this does is work ??

trying the rice im so so hoping it works only had phone a month on contract too 0-0

Global Posts
    4,061 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I never tried that rescuetec so I can't say for sure.
    But I have tried rice and it works!

You used the hair dryer?
    I hope it wasn't on hot air, that won't help.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Default Re: Please help drop galaxy s4 in water

my phone was dropped in the tub it works fine but the screen is black what do i do

Default Re: Please help drop Galaxy S4 in water

Pull battery, sim card, and sd card, dry phone cool hair dryer. Place in bag of dry rice for at least 24 hours
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello, about 48 hours ago i dropped my phone(Samsung s4) into the toilet. I immediatly pulled it out and took it apart and removed everything removable. I was going to the cinema so I only put it on my radiator, the heat was on 3/5, and left it on there for 2hours (the phone was on the bumper so it was not in direct contact with the radiator). When I got home from the cinema i tried to turn it on (***** move), it turned on but the screen was black, so i put it in rice and it has been in there since. I the phone out of the rice about 10 minutes ago to check it, it turned on but the screen would not work. I checked to see if it would charge and it did, but it was only plugged in for a few seconds(the phone was mabye turned on for 1 minute absolute max). I put it into rice again now. Is my phone phucked? or is there still a chance?

Put it in rice and let sit over night the rice will pull the moisture out of the phone

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

I dropped my phone in the sink. It barely got wet at the bottom. I took the back off immediately. No water got under or really on the batter just in the speaker. I plugged it in to see if it still charges. It did. I took the battery out and unscrewed the price at the bottom where the speaker is. And left it out. Took a shower. Got out. Out It All Back Together. The speaker works like it did but NOW it won't charge. What do I do

I dropped my phone in the toilet. I turned it on afterwards and it worked. but the screen wont respond to the touch. The power button is all that works. I put it in rice and it still wont work.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234