Please help - dropped my galaxy s4 in water

Richard Sequeira

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just dropped my phone in the the toilet (clean), phone was only submerged for 1 second. I blow dried it on a low and cool setting. The phone mostly works, but I get the occaisonal jump. I am trading this phone because it was defective in the first place. I just hope T-Mobile won't bite back because of this. It is sitting in rice right now. How does the Water Damage Indicator look like? Can someone show me?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Richard, welcome to the forums!
I really don't know where is it, but look on the battery and on the phone, in and around the battery bay.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
erm, guys i got some problem my s4 also drop in to the water now the screen become dark but siri can work rice is what??

So let me get this right... You have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that has siri??? Wow! :D:rolleyes:
How did that happened? :what:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help drop galaxy s4 in water

what meaning rice ?? put in the rice ??

Yes! In rice!

Have you read earlier posts where we have several tips???

Go and read post #46 for help on a wet phone. But try to read the whole thread from the beginning for more knowledge about all this ordeal.

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

hello guys im from Philippines. i also accidentally dropped my Samsung galaxy s4 gt i9505 in water for about 4-6 sec and i dont know what to do i rush to open it after drying it with towel to check if its still working the result is it still work but i noticed some lag from the toolbar and so on. but the thing that most caught my attention is the green led is always there even when i turn the device off. i also reset my device thingking it would go back to normal but it doesn't. my question is can it be possibly go back to normal?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

hello guys im from Philippines. i also accidentally dropped my Samsung galaxy s4 gt i9505 in water for about 4-6 sec and i dont know what to do i rush to open it after drying it with towel to check if its still working the result is it still work but i noticed some lag from the toolbar and so on. but the thing that most caught my attention is the green led is always there even when i turn the device off. i also reset my device thingking it would go back to normal but it doesn't. my question is can it be possibly go back to normal?

Niko, welcome to AC!
Did you read any of the previous posts before yours?
Go read post #46.
Since you didn't do everything you're supposed to now your chances of restoring your device is 50%-50%.

But you don't have nothing to loose, so go read that post and do the recommendations there.

Good luck!

Pricilla Elizabeth

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!
I am new to this and I am in need of help. I dropped my galaxy s4 and now my screen is statically. I have a crack on the top corner but the led light still works. Can someone tell me what is wrong and what I need to replace.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!
I am new to this and I am in need of help. I dropped my galaxy s4 and now my screen is statically. I have a crack on the top corner but the led light still works. Can someone tell me what is wrong and what I need to replace.
Welcome to the forums! :thumbup::D
Did you already try drying it?
I recommend you read the post above yours.
You need to dry it the best you can before anything else.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

thank you for reply from my post i tried the raw rice for 2 days and it work, but now after 2 weeks the green led is always there. how can i solve it? thank you in advanced but the device is still working my only problem is that green led even when the device is turned off it is still there.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

thank you for reply from my post i tried the raw rice for 2 days and it work, but now after 2 weeks the green led is always there. how can i solve it? thank you in advanced but the device is still working my only problem is that green led even when the device is turned off it is still there.

That might be a side effect, who knows?! :confused:

But you can try fixing it by doing a factory reset.

Good luck and let us know what happens! :thumbup::cool:

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site

This happened to me once with an older phone of mine. I dropped mine in a lake. I didn't use rice. I just removed the battery right away (before the water got past the battery) and let it dry out. I left it in the sun when it was hot out as well. My suggestion is either remove the battery right away, let it dry, and see if it works after that or get a new battery.

I think what happens is the battery will get wet, then the water get's inside the phone while the battery drains.

That what I like about these phone. You can remove the battery unlike Apple.

Hearts86

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit unfair to blame Samsung in this case... a phone that's not water-proof dropped in water through your own fault,... you were lucky you got it working for a month. No one will repair a phone that's got water damage under warranty, not even Apple. The fault you are experiencing now might be unrelated, but they won't care.
The iPhone might have gotten less damage and that's why it's still working; it's just luck.
Sorry (my sister dropped her Sony Ericsson years ago in the toilet too so I know it can happen) but I think there's not much you can do, apart from paying for it to be repaired.

EDIT: I meant to quote Linn Latt La

prelude2love

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
so this is a common issue on s4 (kidding)
it occured for me yesterday in this way : " I dropped my s4 yesterday in water for 3 sec, after dropping I switched off and tried to clean it with a cotton and dry towel. tried to switch on and as I made myself sure it works , I turned it off & removed the battery , since I needed to go somewhere I did not put in rice at the time . at home , I dried it with a cool air flow of a hair drier ( I insist the air flow was cool not hot) and then tried to switch it on , everything worked fine . the only problem was that it does not understands the usb cable , it does not charge with it , so I put it in the rise . and it it in the rise for 24hours now "
does anybody knows what is going on with it ?

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
so this is a common issue on s4 (kidding)
it occured for me yesterday in this way : " I dropped my s4 yesterday in water for 3 sec, after dropping I switched off and tried to clean it with a cotton and dry towel. tried to switch on and as I made myself sure it works , I turned it off & removed the battery , since I needed to go somewhere I did not put in rice at the time . at home , I dried it with a cool air flow of a hair drier ( I insist the air flow was cool not hot) and then tried to switch it on , everything worked fine . the only problem was that it does not understands the usb cable , it does not charge with it , so I put it in the rise . and it it in the rise for 24hours now "
does anybody knows what is going on with it ?

No! It's a common issue with people using their phone close to liquids! :rolleyes::thumbup::cool:

Once again, if people actually read the entire thread people would find more answers. Go to post #46, you'll find it helpful. :)

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Kelly Pullin

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
i have read the posts

but im just hoping it works

i dropepd my gallaxy s4 down the toilet & it had harpic loo cleaner in too !!! 0-0 only went in about an inch n i got it straight out i dryed it off & took all stuff out battery ect then used heair dryer,
tryed switching it oin the screen sort of flashed on yellow ish & the light is on at the top but green colour not blue, so i googles searched n found this thred so have now put it in rice
do you think im too late ??
i also found this link has anyone used tryed this does is work ??

Rescuetec | dropped phone in water | water damaged phone

trying the rice im so so hoping it works only had phone a month on contract too 0-0

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I never tried that rescuetec so I can't say for sure.
But I have tried rice and it works!

You used the hair dryer?
I hope it wasn't on hot air, that won't help.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463