How to disconnect S4 from pc?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
How to remove s4 from pc when connected to usb data charging cable? Do you just physically disconnect the cable from phone to pc? I using win 7 64bit, there is no safely remove thing/eject drive like normal usb thumbdrive.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
How to remove s4 from pc when connected to usb data charging cable? Do you just physically disconnect the cable from phone to pc? I using win 7 64bit, there is no safely remove thing/eject drive like normal usb thumbdrive.

I'm running Win 7 64bit, and yes, there is a "Safely remove hardware..." selection... in my tray there is an up arrow which shows other icons next to my time in the lower right corner and it has it there... at least on my two machines it does. Personally, I don't always use it, but I know it is there and just saw it because my device is currently connected to my pc right now.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
What about on the phone itself? If there's nothing else then you should be good to just disconnect manually.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
As long as you are connected as MTP (which is what it should be by default) you should be fine to just disconnect the cable when done. But to make sure, while you are connected, pull the notification drawer down and click on "connection type/change connection type" . From there you should be able to switch it to MTP if it isn't

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
As long as you are connected as MTP (which is what it should be by default) you should be fine to just disconnect the cable when done. But to make sure, while you are connected, pull the notification drawer down and click on "connection type/change connection type" . From there you should be able to switch it to MTP if it isn't

What does MTP mean? How to connect as MTP?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I do not get what you are asking by "What about on the phone itself?"
When you connect your phone via USB, does a screen pop up with a little android guy on it? My past Samsung devices had a screen that would allow you to click on an option that said "Disconnect from computer" or something to that effect.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Win 7 64bit, and yes, there is a "Safely remove hardware..." selection... in my tray there is an up arrow which shows other icons next to my time in the lower right corner and it has it there... at least on my two machines it does. Personally, I don't always use it, but I know it is there and just saw it because my device is currently connected to my pc right now.

I did check the tray there is an up arrow, inside it there the "Safely remove hardware..." and I clicked it but my S4 did not appear there.

The only place I can find my S4 is in "my computer", under "Portable Devices" it shows Galaxy S4

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
When you connect your phone via USB, does a screen pop up with a little android guy on it? My past Samsung devices had a screen that would allow you to click on an option that said "Disconnect from computer" or something to that effect.

When I connect the phone via USB, there is no screen pop up of android guy in Win 7. In win 7 there is a "AutoPlay" pop up (screenshot )

There is no screen pop up of android guy in my S4 screen when connect to PC via usb cable

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
By the way, I did not put any micro SD memory card inside my S4. The S4 only uses the phone memory. Not sure if it affects anything

lisabocook

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for a simple, intelligent response. For technophobes and neophytes this is so refreshing.
-=nana bocook

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for a simple, intelligent response. For technophobes and neophytes this is so refreshing.
-=nana bocook

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech