S4's latest update [ Status bar = ANNOYING!]

tailsthecat3

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've just this minute updated my phone to the latest version of touchwizz (sitting on Android 4.2.2) and It's changed the status bar! I've never been so annoyed in my life, ahah! It's made the status bar transparent so my lovely fishies now block any (and all) icons that would be showing! Does anyone know of a way to change it back to the old version using a tweak or such? I've pretty much recently came from iPhone because of how apple trashed iOS' UI and android was ticking all the right boxes for me at the time. Small things like this really do annoy me, lol.

screenprint below to show you the most annoying thing since flavourless pot noodles!

http://i41.tinypic.com/1o4s1v.jpg

First thing I did was root and install a recovery. After deleting the typical samsung/android bologna that is not needed, my status bar returned to normal. Dark grey/light black, just like it was on my s3. I was just in a tmo store comparing apps in the "all" section of the app manager--trying to determine what it was that I deleted that made the change. I'll tell ya, it's a nice device but this is part of the reason I prefer nexus - all the bloat, all the garbage is intolerable. Definitely flashing an aosp rom tonight to try that for a few days. I never have a use for the software features sammy gives us and I always end up returning to a nexus. But I digress. Just start deleting tons of stuff that isn't needed, it'll fix itself.

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You can always load your favorite wallpaper up into a photo/image editor and paint the top several rows of pixels black if you want it that way, then as the transparent status bar sits on top of that, it would look exactly like it used to. Just sayin... sometimes brute force low tech works fine too.

TRJB

timmyleeturner

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
No, there doesn't appear to be anyway to fix it. I hate it, can no longer use the wallpaper I want and see the status bar on my brand spanking new M8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad