Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry S4's latest update [ Status bar = ANNOYING!]

I've just this minute updated my phone to the latest version of touchwizz (sitting on Android 4.2.2) and It's changed the status bar! I've never been so annoyed in my life, ahah! It's made the status bar transparent so my lovely fishies now block any (and all) icons that would be showing! Does anyone know of a way to change it back to the old version using a tweak or such? I've pretty much recently came from iPhone because of how apple trashed iOS' UI and android was ticking all the right boxes for me at the time. Small things like this really do annoy me, lol.

screenprint below to show you the most annoying thing since flavourless pot noodles!

Default Re: S4's latest update [ Status bar = ANNOYING!]

I love a transparent notification bar - gives it so much more of a cleaner, minimalistic look. Plus, less worry about burn in from the black notification bar always being in the same spot.
    Thanked by:
    j510 
    Calidoc and Omer San Gabriel like this.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I do too have a transparent notification bar and love it. But I have it because of Nova, didn't know touchwiz could do this :o

GS4 Love

If you get a launcher, you can hide the notificaction bar to give it a cleaner look....I know Nova Launcher can do that
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

Very interesting, where could I download the update? Do I need to wait for the device to detect the update or can I download it through a 3rd party? I have a Verizon S4 by the way.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodox View Post
    Very interesting, where could I download the update? Do I need to wait for the device to detect the update or can I download it through a 3rd party? I have a Verizon S4 by the way.
    It popped up on my phone telling me about the update. Check your settings and check for an update if you haven't got it automatically searching

I've JUST downloaded Nova launcher. As a iPhone user since 2007 I've just hit a new level of love for Android.. I've rebuilt my phone around nova and was also able to bring back the black UI bar only reason I want it is because with my moving wallpaper it's sometimes a struggle to read what's up there.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DSWR View Post
    It popped up on my phone telling me about the update. Check your settings and check for an update if you haven't got it automatically searching

I've JUST downloaded Nova launcher. As a iPhone user since 2007 I've just hit a new level of love for Android.. I've rebuilt my phone around nova and was also able to bring back the black UI bar only reason I want it is because with my moving wallpaper it's sometimes a struggle to read what's up there.
    Yep Nova is awesome, you can also remove the feature that makes your wallpaper move, I did because it was driving me crazy seeing the black edges.

GS4 Love

man what is the widget on the lock screen ?

Dash Clock widget.
    Thanked by:
    tohio 

Might be a noobish question, but how do I update touchwhiz?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevbosky View Post
    Dash Clock widget.
    Wow, I've been looking for just this thing, a transparent clock / weather / city Widget. DashClock is very, very nice. Thanks for the tip, I know these things are obvious to some but others like myself need the assistance of professionals. Thanks! DashClock Widget is in The PlayStore and is free and customizable, go get it and let your wallpaper shine through. Thanks again. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ashclock&hl=en

Global Posts
    22,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I've just this minute updated my phone to the latest version of touchwizz (sitting on Android 4.2.2) and It's changed the status bar! I've never been so annoyed in my life, ahah! It's made the status bar transparent so my lovely fishies now block any (and all) icons that would be showing! Does anyone know of a way to change it back to the old version using a tweak or such? I've pretty much recently came from iPhone because of how apple trashed iOS' UI and android was ticking all the right boxes for me at the time. Small things like this really do annoy me, lol.

screenprint below to show you the most annoying thing since flavourless pot noodles!
    Guys: The OP doesn't like the transparent status bar. I don't either.

To the OP: The only thing I know of is flashing a custom ROM. You can also try going into Settings>Display and see if there is an option there. Downloading Nova will not really fix the issue. Nova uses the prefixed ROM layout for the bar.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Guys: The OP doesn't like the transparent status bar. I don't either.

To the OP: The only thing I know of is flashing a custom ROM. You can also try going into Settings>Display and see if there is an option there. Downloading Nova will not really fix the issue. Nova uses the prefixed ROM layout for the bar.
    Actually. I hated the transparent bar purely because of specific brighter wallpapers would kill any chance of reading what it said. So I flicker from transparent to black using the nova launcher (that I mentioned earlier, just recently discovered it!). I've now got a new wallpaper that's dark and fits my nerdiness well! Decided to pop on transparent. Only problem is my lockscreen will still be transparent no matter what I do which is a shame when I use my fishies. Here's my current setup because I'm proud of it

Tweaks are:-
    GyroSpace3D
    DashClock
    Nova Launcher
    Icon on the status bar is Advanced MobileCare (giving it a little test!)

Widget lock screen is made by the same people that make Nova Launcher. You can customize the lock screen, and add apps/widgets to the lock screen as well. Easy to customize.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1o4s1v.jpg
    - - - Updated - - -

I think mine just uodated automatically today but how do I change the notification bar to transparent?

Quote Originally Posted by Paobreezy View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I think mine just uodated automatically today but how do I change the notification bar to transparent?
    carrier?

To the OP, have you looked in settings to see if there's a control for this? You might be able to set it back to black, if that's what you prefer.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Odd, usually people really like the transparent UI. It's really clean, and I think that UIs are going to stay like this for a long time.

Yah i'd love to know what carrier this was on. The only way i can get a transparent status bar is by using stock wallpapers. Anything else and i get a nice big black status bar which i hate, so i've been using stock wallpapers for awhile now.

Also OP sorry but i don't think there's anyway to get it back. Like i said for me using any non stock wallpaper gives me the black status bar. I'm on AT&T btw.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

i love transparent status bar for my wallpapers i'm using nova prime , but is it possible to have transparent status bar on my lockscreen using nova prime or any other app
    Thx

Att

hey how to download it??

http://i41.tinypic.com/1o4s1v.jpg
    First thing I did was root and install a recovery. After deleting the typical samsung/android bologna that is not needed, my status bar returned to normal. Dark grey/light black, just like it was on my s3. I was just in a tmo store comparing apps in the "all" section of the app manager--trying to determine what it was that I deleted that made the change. I'll tell ya, it's a nice device but this is part of the reason I prefer nexus - all the bloat, all the garbage is intolerable. Definitely flashing an aosp rom tonight to try that for a few days. I never have a use for the software features sammy gives us and I always end up returning to a nexus. But I digress. Just start deleting tons of stuff that isn't needed, it'll fix itself.

You can always load your favorite wallpaper up into a photo/image editor and paint the top several rows of pixels black if you want it that way, then as the transparent status bar sits on top of that, it would look exactly like it used to. Just sayin... sometimes brute force low tech works fine too.

TRJB

Hi, how do add those notification to the lock screen?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast