Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    I only had my Iphone 5 for about a week again. This time, no one stole it from me. However, seeing where Apple is taking their IOS 7 (the icon's are ugly and they try to imitate android just slightly), I was very disappointed and felt that my only solution was to jailbreak my phone which I didn't want to do. So, being that Apple doesn't want to keep up with the competition and only provide minor updates that are barely noticeable to push the Iphone back on top, I've switch over to Android GS4.

    Perhaps someday when Apple becomes serious again and not want to make icons look like they belong in a Daffy Duck cartoon, increase the size of the iphone, give it better resolution, I'll think about switching back. However, this is highly unlikely since Apple does not believe in innovation anymore.
  2. #2  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Welcome to Android!

    At this point, Apple seems to he happy where they're at which isn't a good thing in the cell phone industry.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  3. #3  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    To be fair can you really say Samsung has made changes, my goodness take a look at their Galaxy & Note line ups the only difference is size which was one of the reasons why I switched. Samsung like Apple has also dominated in Marketing, I love their S3 & S4 commercials. As for the new features, I turned them all off after a few weeks...after I showed them off. LOL

    Don't get me wrong I love android not because of Samsung but the OS & Customization WITHOUT Rooting, Custom ROMS, etc.

    Until SALES DROPS why would APPLE & SAMSUNG make any changes, hTc DID because it was failing. Like OP, I wanted more from Apple & Ivy with iOS 7 which is pale compared to OSX. iPhone 5S will likely break records and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

    This is what I don't get, I bitched about it back when I wanted them to release a 7" iPad and look where the iPad mini is today. Is it really going to kill them if they released a "phablet?" I can't believe they would rather release a "cheap" iPhone.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
  4. #4  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    You make a valid point. Both Samsung and Apple seem to be happy with where they're at in the market. I agree that Samsung doesn't really change much and that too isn't a good situation. One of the reasons why I root my phones is because I like to change the look of my phone.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  5. #5  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Welcome! I disagree about iOS 7. I think it looks great and am looking forward to having it on my iphone and ipad.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by 2:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    To be fair can you really say Samsung has made changes, my goodness take a look at their Galaxy & Note line ups the only difference is size which was one of the reasons why I switched. Samsung like Apple has also dominated in Marketing, I love their S3 & S4 commercials. As for the new features, I turned them all off after a few weeks...after I showed them off. LOL

    Don't get me wrong I love android not because of Samsung but the OS & Customization WITHOUT Rooting, Custom ROMS, etc.

    Until SALES DROPS why would APPLE & SAMSUNG make any changes, hTc DID because it was failing. Like OP, I wanted more from Apple & Ivy with iOS 7 which is pale compared to OSX. iPhone 5S will likely break records and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

    This is what I don't get, I bitched about it back when I wanted them to release a 7" iPad and look where the iPad mini is today. Is it really going to kill them if they released a "phablet?" I can't believe they would rather release a "cheap" iPhone.
    Lots more money in a cheap iphone. Especially in the rest of the world. India and China each have over 1 billion people.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Welcome to the shift. I hope you stick through and enjoy your new phone. Sometimes its not for everyone. Competition is good, I think Samsung isn't being too complacent, it's hard to push out more Pc like specs with out a laptop sizes battery. I like how they make multiple variations to capture all markets.

    Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Welcome to Android! . I am sure you will love the Android system since you have more customizable options so if you don't like the way it works you can change it .

    Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    I have a feeling Apple is going to be losing a lot more fans to Android this year.
    Calidoc likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Apple really has created something that gives us people the ooo woooow look at that factor. I mean look at their new Mac pro desktop system I mean what the f*** kind of an innovatory design is that. Its not even practical for upgrading by the looks of it when compared to the original Mac pro desktop system case.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    clborden likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by Suda View Post
    I have a feeling Apple is going to be losing a lot more fans to Android this year.
    I hear you and agree with you BUT...and this is a BIG ****....I mean BUT.....There are people who NEED Apple!! Seriously, if Apple isn't around, I'm going to really go crazy having to help family and friends navigate with an Android device. With Apple around, my life is easier and stress free!
    planoman and Galaxia like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticmeg View Post
    Apple really has created something that gives us people the ooo woooow look at that factor. I mean look at their new Mac pro desktop system I mean what the f*** kind of an innovatory design is that. Its not even practical for upgrading by the looks of it when compared to the original Mac pro desktop system case.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Exact opposite. Everything is accessible and upgradeable. You can slide the panels around or the thing up and access the 3 segments of the system. Also the whole point of the thunderbolt system is you can raid add tons of external storage without taking a performance hit.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    You switched platforms because of icons on a beta release?



    iOS 7 may not be everyone's cup of tea...I'll give you that all day long. But to say it is just a minor update is just daffy. There's hardly an inch of the OS that wasn't touched and a lot of functionality has been added. Whether or not what they did is your cup of tea is a completely different issue, but a minor update it is not.
    planoman likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    I switched from the Ip5 because my Kool-Aid ran out and I noticed that the big screen, hi rez phone from Apple that I was looking for, isn't happening for another 16 months. Life is too short to wait that long.
    ladyc0524 and ForTheHorde like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Welcome to Android! I think you will enjoy it

    Sent from my Android Revolutionized HTC ONE.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
  16. #16  
    _X_
    _X_ is offline
    _X_'s Avatar

    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by MAFMAccountant View Post
    I only had my Iphone 5 for about a week again.... I've switch over to Android GS4. ...
    Welcome to Android. You picked up one heck of a phone, don't hesitate to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    To be fair can you really say Samsung has made changes, my goodness take a look at their Galaxy & Note line ups the only difference is size
    This is not true, while the shape/form might look similar the hardware is substantially different (S3/S4/Note II). The software has many similarities but there are also many differences on each phone. The Note has specialized features and software that can only be utilized via the S-Pen. You forget the power of branding is that there is consistencies across devices, you don't want a complete new look on every release.

    And while you might argue that the S3/S4 are similar an not vastly different you can't disagree that all the new features are "NEW" features not just copied from other OSs.
    Last edited by _X_; 06-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    I've been with Apple since 2007. Started jailbreaking when I had an iPhone 4. Always thought I was the dogs bolls. I wasn't an Apple fanboy but nor was I an Android lover. Thought Android was a wannabe iOS seeing as they suddenly went all touchscreen after the original iPhone. I'd say now that Android is definitely the OS for me. If anyone brags hardware though, they're mistaken. iPhone will still do anything our phones can do but, blimey, you can't hate a GS4 after using it a week! I still have my iPhone 5. I won't use it, ever, again. Sure, jailbreaking will bring me some widgets, fancy wallpapers and that but just the way the S4 handles and how it works is lovely. Feels a lot nicer than iOS7 as well!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Not sure how much longer Apple can ignore calls for a larger screen...I see people with iphone 4's and 4s', I wonder how they can see the screen? I mean really? turning the phone to landscape is a dead giveaway that the screen is too small!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by 2:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by DSWR View Post
    I've been with Apple since 2007. Started jailbreaking when I had an iPhone 4. Always thought I was the dogs bolls. I wasn't an Apple fanboy but nor was I an Android lover. Thought Android was a wannabe iOS seeing as they suddenly went all touchscreen after the original iPhone. I'd say now that Android is definitely the OS for me. If anyone brags hardware though, they're mistaken. iPhone will still do anything our phones can do but, blimey, you can't hate a GS4 after using it a week! I still have my iPhone 5. I won't use it, ever, again. Sure, jailbreaking will bring me some widgets, fancy wallpapers and that but just the way the S4 handles and how it works is lovely. Feels a lot nicer than iOS7 as well!
    Yea totally agree. Ordered my HTC One and getting it tomorrow! Can't wait to start using a new OS
    ladyc0524 likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    I'm a firm believer that Android is a ton better than iOS, but the iOS7 update is one of the most significant updates they've ever had.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by MAFMAccountant View Post
    I only had my Iphone 5 for about a week again. This time, no one stole it from me. However, seeing where Apple is taking their IOS 7 (the icon's are ugly and they try to imitate android just slightly), I was very disappointed and felt that my only solution was to jailbreak my phone which I didn't want to do. So, being that Apple doesn't want to keep up with the competition and only provide minor updates that are barely noticeable to push the Iphone back on top, I've switch over to Android GS4.

    Perhaps someday when Apple becomes serious again and not want to make icons look like they belong in a Daffy Duck cartoon, increase the size of the iphone, give it better resolution, I'll think about switching back. However, this is highly unlikely since Apple does not believe in innovation anymore.
    Kinda shallow....will you hop over to Windows 8 once their icons become hyper realistic or something.....
    SenseMonkey likes this.
  22. #22  
    Channan's Avatar
    Keyboard Warrior

    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    To be fair can you really say Samsung has made changes, my goodness take a look at their Galaxy & Note line ups the only difference is size which was one of the reasons why I switched.
    I still don't understand why people say this. Between the S III and S4, the screen got a little bigger while the phone got a little smaller, the pixel count more than doubled, the camera got even better, it went from an S4 1.5GHz dual-core CPU with Adreno 225 GPU to a 600 1.9GHz quad-core CPU with Adreno 320 GPU, and a bigger battery, as well as receiving an IR blaster.

    I've even seen people say the Galaxy S4 was a minor upgrade over the Galaxy S3, so they got the One instead. Yeah that makes sense. The Galaxy S4 was barely an improvement over the Galaxy S3, so I bought a different device with similar specs but with an older version of Android instead. -__-
    Thanked by 2:
    msmo81 likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    I still don't understand why people say this. Between the S III and S4, the screen got a little bigger while the phone got a little smaller, the pixel count more than doubled, the camera got even better, it went from an S4 1.5GHz dual-core CPU with Adreno 225 GPU to a 600 1.9GHz quad-core CPU with Adreno 320 GPU, and a bigger battery, as well as receiving an IR blaster.

    I've even seen people say the Galaxy S4 was a minor upgrade over the Galaxy S3, so they got the One instead. Yeah that makes sense. The Galaxy S4 was barely an improvement over the Galaxy S3, so I bought a different device with similar specs but with an older version of Android instead. -__-
    I didn't have the S3, but I can equate this sort with my iPhone experience.

    I had the 4s and had gone through all the beta versions of IOS 6. I knew performance wise I wouldn't see much a of a difference between the 4s and the iPhone 5. We are reaching a point where phone technology is peaking and additional improvements in technology in most cases is a side grade.

    The thing were the whole S3 versus S4 didn't change that much has to do with the personal experience of the device. The HTC One/S4 basically have the same internal specs, but Sense 5, Blinkfeed, Beats Audio offers a different experience. Different enough along with the actual look and feel of the device to make people who owned the S3, to give something different a whirl.

    I am a first time Android/Galaxy buyer. To me the S4 is a sexy device. I am sure if I had previously owned the S3, some boredom and drudgery would have been felt because the S4 is not significantly different enough. It is why so many review sites bashed Samsung for this.
    Thanked by:
    kleeno 
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Welcome to the Light my child.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Apple has lost another fan to the GS4

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Welcome! I disagree about iOS 7. I think it looks great and am looking forward to having it on my iphone and ipad.
    In all honesty, based on the beta, I think iOS7 is hideously ugly. And I believe the "flat" style will be harder to use, and there's little differentiation between what screen elements are display only and which can be acted upon (e.g., buttons).

    Quote Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
    You switched platforms because of icons on a beta release?

    iOS 7 may not be everyone's cup of tea...I'll give you that all day long. But to say it is just a minor update is just daffy. There's hardly an inch of the OS that wasn't touched and a lot of functionality has been added. Whether or not what they did is your cup of tea is a completely different issue, but a minor update it is not.
    True. They're finally adding features that Android (especially Samsung) already offers and, in most cases has for years. Control Center, Notification Center, "preview" multi-tasking are blatant copies of Android and/or WebOS. AirDrop? Seen any Samsung Galaxy devices lately? Hidden menus and buttons and tabbed browsing? Wow, truly radical (not). Keychain? Old news.

    It wouldn't be such a big deal that Apple is copying all it's new features from the competition IF Apple didn't sue everyone else in sight when it thinks they've copied from Apple.

    Yes, iOS7 has lots of new features. But few, if any, are innovative.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 11:07 PM
  2. Going from GS3 or Note 2 to the GS4 .... apps and app data. How?
    By kilofoxtrot in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 09:57 AM
  3. From all iPhones to GS3 to Note 1 and 2 to the GS4
    By Davyo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM
  4. New to the forums but I am an Android fan to the core
    By ECherry in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 09:44 AM
  5. Has it live up to the hype for you?
    By INK in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

B