Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Joe_Perone
  • 1 Post By Droidful
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Found a solution for that little sound warning when increasing volume!

I went into music settings and checkmarked the option to set all songs to the same volume. Now when I increase the volume, the warning message doesn't come up at all, and I can increase volume to the maximum if I want. Finally, I've been trying to fix this problem for ages, and I know others are experiencing this as well! Try this out and give me a shout if it works for you
    Thanked by 9:
    James H1 and wargy3 like this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Default Re: Found a solution for that little sound warning when increasing volume!

Does the warning only come with earbuds in?

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Found a solution for that little sound warning when increasing volume!

Yes, it did. But after this, not even with earbuds in it would come on. I have free reign to listen to my music at any volume I choose! This is on a stock, unrooted phone btw

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    I went into music settings and checkmarked the option to set all songs to the same volume. Now when I increase the volume, the warning message doesn't come up at all, and I can increase volume to the maximum if I want. Finally, I've been trying to fix this problem for ages, and I know others are experiencing this as well! Try this out and give me a shout if it works for you
    Very helpful -- I remember people complaining about this before. Thanks!

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

You're welcome! I just want people to know that this little feature could be overridden with that little option Tell everyone you can, or direct them here :P

I'm new to android, could you give the path to get to music setttings please. Thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddog99 View Post
    I'm new to android, could you give the path to get to music setttings please. Thanks
    Go into the "Music App" and hit your menu button, then select "Music Settings". In there, there will be an option to check "Make all songs the same Volume". Checkmark that and save the settings. You're done!

EDIT: The option is called "Smart Volume"

Would this also be called Smart Volume?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes, I will edit my post to reflect this.

I don't use the music player for music, I use PowerAmp....will I still get the message even if I use another music app for my music?
    I'll have to test it out
    - Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 BAM! -
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

That is a fantastic question. I actually don't know. Maybe PowerAmp has their own option like that?

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I don't use the music player for music, I use PowerAmp....will I still get the message even if I use another music app for my music?
    I'll have to test it out
    Nope. It shows the message but allows you to keep turning volume up.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

I read in another thread to perform the adapt Volume in Settings say you cant hear every Sound it will trick your phone to think you are deaf and Stop Asking

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    thecure13 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

This way is MUCH easier though, and you don't really have to tamper with settings if you don't want to.

That is a fantastic question. I actually don't know. Maybe PowerAmp has their own option like that?
    I was using power amp also. I decided to use your trik and discovered the standard player is pretty sweet. I can use voice control and with your tweak can actually hear my music. Such a pain when hiking or riding to push OK every time the volume needs to increase.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Droidful View Post
    I read in another thread to perform the adapt Volume in Settings say you cant hear every Sound it will trick your phone to think you are deaf and Stop Asking

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Omg yessss!! It works! Now It wont bug me while im on Google Play!!! Thanksss

So is this error only happen when in certain apps? I was listening to my audiobook last night in Mortplayer Auidobooks and turned it up. A message DID flash briefly on the bottom of the screen "To decrease damage......" but it never stopped, it never prompted me to hit OK. I just got the phone yesterday, so I definitely didn't go through the above steps.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

This is to solve the problem in the stock Music app. That's where the problem is the most disruptive.

I don't think this works with Pandora App. Anybody have any luck getting a fix to work with Pandora? Very annoying not only the intrusion of the warning message, but the difficulty in disabling it. Please Dad, give me the car keys...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by CousinPhlegm View Post
    I don't think this works with Pandora App. Anybody have any luck getting a fix to work with Pandora? Very annoying not only the intrusion of the warning message, but the difficulty in disabling it. Please Dad, give me the car keys...
    Nope, this is confirmed for Stock music only.

I just use youtube but this solution works for everything...

This method does not work. If the phone is rebooted, the message comes back.

I followed this thread and the message is gone. (For rooted phone)
    [GUIDE | TUT | HACK] Remove Android 4.2.x safe volume message - Page 6 - xda-developers

So this method does work to get rid of the warning. But for some reason the smart volume feature won't stay on. After a text, call, or if I back out of the music program the smart volume feature turns off.

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Found a solution for that little sound warning when increasing volume!

Please advise what "Music Settings" you're referring to? Not in phone settings. I use phone connected to a mixer to dj.