Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Air Gestures not working at all

    I can't get Air Gestures to work... at all

    I've gone into all the settings and turned everything on. Yes, even the settings within the settings (Settings > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance, Air Jump, etc...)
    I've even restarted, taken battery out, etc...

    Everything is set to On but no luck. Even when I go to each one and select 'Try it', it doesn't even work then!

    Could my sensor be broken? Seems strange...
  2. #2  
    ihbsbA's Avatar

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post
    I can't get Air Gestures to work... at all

    I've gone into all the settings and turned everything on. Yes, even the settings within the settings (Settings > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Air Gesture > Quick Glance, Air Jump, etc...)
    I've even restarted, taken battery out, etc...

    Everything is set to On but no luck. Even when I go to each one and select 'Try it', it doesn't even work then!

    Could my sensor be broken? Seems strange...
    That is weird. May need a factory reset to really know...

    Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Weird thing is that Air View does work...

    Most of the motion stuff works except for the ones that would require the same sensor Air Gesture uses... like Direct Call doesn't work. The one where if you're sending someone a text and just want to call them, you can put phone to you ear and it calls them. Mine won't.

    Something is definitely up with my sensor, right?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    This might not be the problem but for some of those gestures your phone has to be flat on the surface to work. This is only true for quick glance.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by nickgalaxys4 View Post
    This might not be the problem but for some of those gestures your phone has to be flat on the surface to work. This is only true for quick glance.
    Tried this as well. Even the quick glance test doesn't work when flat on the surface ha
  6. #6  
    ihbsbA's Avatar

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post
    Tried this as well. Even the quick glance test doesn't work when flat on the surface ha
    Hmm. The proximity sensors use gyro in some instances and ambient light in others... also, the air view needs to see your eyes... I dont know, I wonder if there is an app to test the sensors?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    They should make an app for that. That is a great idea.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....
    Thanked by:
    ihbsbA 
  8. #8  
    ihbsbA's Avatar

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by nickgalaxys4 View Post
    They should make an app for that. That is a great idea.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    I havent tried it but here it is...



    Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Not really sure what I should be testing with that app haha
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    This is incredibly frustrating

    The freakin hand motion thing will even show up in my menu bar telling me I can use it. Then when I try, nothing happens

    Grrrrr, here goes a hard reset

    Update: Just did a hard reset, and my air gestures STILL DO NOT WORK
    Last edited by Nguyenning; 06-28-2013 at 01:31 AM.
  11. #11  
    ihbsbA's Avatar

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post
    This is incredibly frustrating

    The freakin hand motion thing will even show up in my menu bar telling me I can use it. Then when I try, nothing happens

    Grrrrr, here goes a hard reset

    Update: Just did a hard reset, and my air gestures STILL DO NOT WORK
    Yeah I would take it back...

    Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Formerly "Evo_Girl"
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    u dont need an app for that...
    just type this in ur phone dialer and it will take you to the diagnosis screen *#0*#
    nickgalaxys4 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    The Air Gesture feature is hit or miss with my S4, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, normally the latter.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    It only works with specific apps.....ie IE browser; "Mail".....
    now try it again.

    Also, you must turn on individual gestures, not just the main switch....have you done that?
    Last edited by GS4Bob; 06-28-2013 at 08:56 AM.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by varunaggarwal View Post
    u dont need an app for that...
    just type this in ur phone dialer and it will take you to the diagnosis screen *#0*#
    This diagnosis trick is really nice tells you everything. Thanks for this.
    varunaggarwal likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by nickgalaxys4 View Post
    This diagnosis trick is really nice tells you everything. Thanks for this.
    Doing it now... under Gesture Sensor > Crosstalk it shows "Direction : No Detecting" then I'll press Start and have no idea what these results mean haha
    under Direction, it says No Direction... when I press Start, nothing happens.

    Not even sure what I should be looking for haha
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    I don't think it's good if it doesn't say nothing because mine has a whole lot of numbers. I would see if you can bring it back and get a new one. I should have asked this first did you restarting the phone?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by nickgalaxys4 View Post
    I don't think it's good if it doesn't say nothing because mine has a whole lot of numbers. I would see if you can bring it back and get a new one. I should have asked this first did you restarting the phone?
    Yes, I did a hard reset AND I've quadruple checked all settings are turned on. Even the settings WITHIN the settings... yes I know about them. sigh
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post
    Yes, I did a hard reset AND I've quadruple checked all settings are turned on. Even the settings WITHIN the settings... yes I know about them. sigh
    Yea then I would see what the store says about it it's got to be the sensors
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by nickgalaxys4 View Post
    This diagnosis trick is really nice tells you everything. Thanks for this.
    Your welcome
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyenning View Post
    Doing it now... under Gesture Sensor > Crosstalk it shows "Direction : No Detecting" then I'll press Start and have no idea what these results mean haha
    under Direction, it says No Direction... when I press Start, nothing happens.

    Not even sure what I should be looking for haha
    when u do cross talk u have to wave ur hand above the sensor it changes colour and tells u in which direction u made the gesture...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Hoping the update fixes this for me.... but I'm on Sprint and haven't gotten any updates yet
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    after you navigate to the motions and gestures option under settings, in addition to turning on the air gesture option, click it (tap); that will open new options such as air jump, air browse etc. theyll be off , turn them to on and there you go.
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    In your phone (dial) type *#0*#

    in the screen, push SENSOR
    close the keyboard
    push DIRECTION under GESTURE SENSOR and try it

    My also don't work.. Stop two weeks ago.. :-/
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Air Gestures not working at all

    Im in the same boat all the boxes in the air gesture thing is ticked.when i go to the how to thing to use quick glance it automatically pops up without me even moving my hands over the sensor.I tried the *#0*# and when i go move my hand across the screen number come up like first it was around 250,251 and now its at like 160.I tried everything and my air gesture doesnt seem to work could it be the proximity/gesture sensor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pandora works only on wifi
    By pbhayani in forum HTC One
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
  3. photosphere apk. working in galaxy note 2...
    By jeno27 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 07:50 AM
  4. Phone Backup ALL
    By AppTopper in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

B