- 59 Posts
How do you set up the voicemail ?
I went to to call settings then voicemail settings and changed the number to my phone number. However, every time I dial 1 to go to the voicemail, I am basically calling myself so the call immediately ends. Please tell me what is wrong here.
People who call me say that I do not have voicemail anymore after getting the S4. do I need to call at&t for that?
I guess what I am doing wrong is that I changed the number in (voicemail settings) to my phone number. Is there a way I could get back the original voicemail number in there. I can't remember it
Thank you in advance
- 06-27-2013, 09:14 PM #2
- 06-27-2013, 11:21 PM #4
- 72 Posts
Re: How do you set up the voicemail ?
If you set up your voicemail to be Google Voice, phone calls to your phone will automatically be routed to that voicemail. No one needs to know your email address, since that is not coming to play. Your phone number is routed to the GV number and the voicemail picks it up there. Just turn off call forwarding on your GV, otherwise your call ends up in a loop. I found some setup help through Google, but did not bookmark it. Just Google it. It works quite nicely especially since there is no visual voicemail from AT&T for the Nexus 4. GV is even better, since the number is free and if possible and clearly spoken, the voicemail gets transcribed as well.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
- By flyers76er in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 8Last Post: 09-19-2013, 09:47 AM
- By Kevin O'Quinn in forum NVIDIA ShieldReplies: 12Last Post: 07-04-2013, 06:37 AM
- By mdlissner in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 12Last Post: 06-29-2013, 12:55 PM
- By bardiferous in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 08:40 PM
- By CountryDude in forum All AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-27-2013, 06:14 PM