Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grumpycompuprof
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you set up the voicemail ?

Hi

I went to to call settings then voicemail settings and changed the number to my phone number. However, every time I dial 1 to go to the voicemail, I am basically calling myself so the call immediately ends. Please tell me what is wrong here.

People who call me say that I do not have voicemail anymore after getting the S4. do I need to call at&t for that?

I guess what I am doing wrong is that I changed the number in (voicemail settings) to my phone number. Is there a way I could get back the original voicemail number in there. I can't remember it
    Thank you in advance

Default Re: How do you set up the voicemail ?

I just use Google voice.

Sent from my Samsung S4.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But does google voice work for people who call me and does not know my gmail account?

If you set up your voicemail to be Google Voice, phone calls to your phone will automatically be routed to that voicemail. No one needs to know your email address, since that is not coming to play. Your phone number is routed to the GV number and the voicemail picks it up there. Just turn off call forwarding on your GV, otherwise your call ends up in a loop. I found some setup help through Google, but did not bookmark it. Just Google it. It works quite nicely especially since there is no visual voicemail from AT&T for the Nexus 4. GV is even better, since the number is free and if possible and clearly spoken, the voicemail gets transcribed as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
    android010 likes this.