Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cmh385
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Delete Email Account from Gmail app

Hi

I'm new to to Android and just got a S4 (so apologies for the newb question). But I am having some trouble configuring the email accounts. I have a Google Apps for Biz a/c and a personal gmail a/c. I've configured the main email App to the Google Apps a/c successfully but it has automatically added it to the gmail app as well. On the gmail app I have also added my personal gmail a/c.

I've at least worked out how to stop the Business a/c syncing in the Gmail app but I would prefer to remove it completely from the Gmail app and only have my personal a/c. Can this be done?

Thanks

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

You can do that by removing the account from the settings menu (Menu > Settings > Accounts). This will remove all settings from that acount though (emails, calendar, etc).
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

This is for the email app not Gmail. How do you remove one gmail account but not all of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBOOSE View Post
    Hi

I'm new to to Android and just got a S4 (so apologies for the newb question). But I am having some trouble configuring the email accounts. I have a Google Apps for Biz a/c and a personal gmail a/c. I've configured the main email App to the Google Apps a/c successfully but it has automatically added it to the gmail app as well. On the gmail app I have also added my personal gmail a/c.

I've at least worked out how to stop the Business a/c syncing in the Gmail app but I would prefer to remove it completely from the Gmail app and only have my personal a/c. Can this be done?

Thanks

Goto Setting:accounts
    Touch IMAP
    Select the account to delete
    Touch menu
    Touch delete
    mhinc likes this.

Try this

Go to Settings of your phone>Accounts and Sync>select the account to be removed and in options menu delete the account

i also want to remove one of my gmail accounts on my galaxy note 3. However Gmail is not showing in Accounts in Settings.

In Gmail settings there is an 'Add Account' but no 'Remove Account' button neither is there any option to remove account by long-press or from menu.

Any ideas?

I've been looking up and trying to find the same thing.. You can add a gmail email account, but you cant seem to delete one.. pretty annoying

With a Droid4 go to your all apps, look for the "settings" app, then go to "google" your google email accounts should be shown and then you click on the account you want to "sync" or delete. Took me forever to find this out..