Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cmh385
  • 1 Post By Siva Subramani
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    BBOOSE's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Hi

    I'm new to to Android and just got a S4 (so apologies for the newb question). But I am having some trouble configuring the email accounts. I have a Google Apps for Biz a/c and a personal gmail a/c. I've configured the main email App to the Google Apps a/c successfully but it has automatically added it to the gmail app as well. On the gmail app I have also added my personal gmail a/c.

    I've at least worked out how to stop the Business a/c syncing in the Gmail app but I would prefer to remove it completely from the Gmail app and only have my personal a/c. Can this be done?

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    You can do that by removing the account from the settings menu (Menu > Settings > Accounts). This will remove all settings from that acount though (emails, calendar, etc).
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

    Community Rules & Guidelines

  3. #3  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    This is for the email app not Gmail. How do you remove one gmail account but not all of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBOOSE View Post
    Hi

    I'm new to to Android and just got a S4 (so apologies for the newb question). But I am having some trouble configuring the email accounts. I have a Google Apps for Biz a/c and a personal gmail a/c. I've configured the main email App to the Google Apps a/c successfully but it has automatically added it to the gmail app as well. On the gmail app I have also added my personal gmail a/c.

    I've at least worked out how to stop the Business a/c syncing in the Gmail app but I would prefer to remove it completely from the Gmail app and only have my personal a/c. Can this be done?

    Thanks
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Goto Setting:accounts
    Touch IMAP
    Select the account to delete
    Touch menu
    Touch delete
    mhinc likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Try this

    Go to Settings of your phone>Accounts and Sync>select the account to be removed and in options menu delete the account
    Thanked by:
    Divyansh_Sharma likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    i also want to remove one of my gmail accounts on my galaxy note 3. However Gmail is not showing in Accounts in Settings.

    In Gmail settings there is an 'Add Account' but no 'Remove Account' button neither is there any option to remove account by long-press or from menu.

    Any ideas?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    I've been looking up and trying to find the same thing.. You can add a gmail email account, but you cant seem to delete one.. pretty annoying
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    With a Droid4 go to your all apps, look for the "settings" app, then go to "google" your google email accounts should be shown and then you click on the account you want to "sync" or delete. Took me forever to find this out..
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    This also works on the new HTC One M8. Thanks Iamonfitness!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Hi guys,

    Go into settings and long press your google account, from there you should be able to delete the second email account.

    This just worked for me

    Hope this helps.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Just to add to this thread on what worked for me just now

    I went to setting> then under accounts, you touch the "Google" one. There is no gmail. From there, you can delete the google/gmail account from your phone.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Well, I've tried all of your suggestions, which I really appreciate. I went to the dark side years ago. But when my mother bought this, I figured I'd remember my Windows stuff with no problem and I do have a gmail account. Her keyboard is VERY sensitive, and I didn't notice her email address was ridiculous until it was too late. So I made a new one and am trying to delete the '2nd' superfluous one. In settings, there IS no IMAP, holding down your Google Account didn't work. I've unchecked everything in the 2nd account so it won't sync or anything and it will just sit there like a rusting car.
    Sent from my iPad!
  13. #13  

    Thumbs up Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    best answer
    Go to Settings of your phone
    >Accounts and Sync
    >select the account
    to be removed and in options menu delete the account
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    If you have more than one gmail account then to remove one of them go to setting on your phone look for accounts & sync. In there you should all email accounts that are setup on that phone. Touch the one you want to remove and at the bottom you should see remove account.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    I know that this is a really really dumb question, but please humor me.

    If I press "delete account" on the Accounts and Sync settings, that only "removes" it from the app on my phone, correct? It doesn't delete my gmail account/email entirely so it doesn't exist anymore? Just wanting to double check.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    If I press "delete account" on the Accounts and Sync settings, that only "removes" it from the app on my phone, correct? It doesn't delete my gmail account/email entirely so it doesn't exist anymore?
    Jmo46, I've the same concern as yours. In fact, that was what i instinctively thought of when I saw the Remove Account function.

    So I just backed off!

    I am surprised no one as yet has addressed this concern. Unless someone does that (hopefully positively) I will not have anything to do with Remove.

    Anyone's listening!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz2802 View Post
    Jmo46, I've the same concern as yours. In fact, that was what i instinctively thought of when I saw the Remove Account function.

    So I just backed off!

    I am surprised no one as yet has addressed this concern. Unless someone does that (hopefully positively) I will not have anything to do with Remove.

    Anyone's listening!
    Yeah, I'm hesitant to use that function because it's not entirely clear what it will do.
    Now, I did decide to use my Twitter as a guinea pig and I pressed the "Delete Account" button on it. I got the following message:

    "Deleting this account will delete all its messages, contacts, and other data from phone. Delete?"

    This gives me a clue that it's probably only taking the account off the phone and NOT deleting the account all together so it no longer exists anywhere.
    But, I would rather someone confirm this before I go ahead and press OK.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmo46 View Post
    Yeah, I'm hesitant to use that function because it's not entirely clear what it will do.
    Now, I did decide to use my Twitter as a guinea pig and I pressed the "Delete Account" button on it. I got the following message:

    "Deleting this account will delete all its messages, contacts, and other data from phone. Delete?"

    This gives me a clue that it's probably only taking the account off the phone and NOT deleting the account all together so it no longer exists anywhere.
    But, I would rather someone confirm this before I go ahead and press OK.
    Correct. Delete away, it only removes the account from the device.
    LG G4 on 5.1 from MTN South Africa. SWAMBO took it
    SM-N910F 5.0.1 Vodacom South Africa stock
    SM-P605 4.4.2 rooted and cleaned(twrp recovery)
  19. #19  

    Thumbs up Re: Delete Email Account from Gmail app

    thanks man it worked.........

Similar Threads

  1. Call Recording app?
    By KeboPR in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 05:10 AM
  2. Finding apps that use location
    By SlickSpur in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 01:15 PM
  4. Google Edition Camera App
    By shoii in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
  5. Photo app
    By Plow13 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 06:23 PM

Posting Permissions