Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Clock Lag

CurryGuy123

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I got the S4 a week ago and have noticed that when I wake up the phone, it takes a second for the clock to change to the correct time. Say I lock the screen at 11:30 and then try to unlock at 12:00, the lock screen says 11:30 for a second before changing to 12:00.

Does anyone else have this issue and know if there is a fix? Or is there another thread about this already?

Thanks!

rsmurphy

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Exact same problem with me, I got my S4 only two days ago. It is a bit annoying and I have done some digging but cannot seem to find a solution either.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Minimalistic Text does that for me, too. DashClock reports the correct time, though. I'd recommend it, anyway for the extra customization.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It might be a problem with Samsung phones in general. Before the S4, I had the Samsung Brightside and it would do the same but lag way worse. My GS4 does that as well. Not sure about the other ones like The Note or S3

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if its a problem with the phone using a lot of RAM just to wake up or is it a glitch in the OS?
I was talking about me personally... The clock is a widet I believe, and it need sto refresh. If it ran the entire time it would affect your battery. Does it really bother you?

JamesBramble

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the clock too coming out of the locked screen. It is quite annoying.

Maybe it is a bug on the S4's but I can live with it ;-)

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S4

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Nothing you can do about it my friend. This has been a problem that Samsung has failed to fix in all iterations since GS2..Lag is there to stay in the galaxy line.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I tend to click in and out of the lock screen quickly to check the time so it did at first, but it being a widget causing lag makes sense. But I'll try DashClock

Thanks!

Put the clock on your lock screen I see the the time as soon as I hit the home button. There is no delay. Maybe I am not sure where you are seeing the delay.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Ain't nothing to do with TW lag in this instance i don't think. The the stock clock is just slow to update. Luckily there are tons of other clocks to choose from in the play store that don't show any lag what so ever.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the S4 a week ago and have noticed that when I wake up the phone, it takes a second for the clock to change to the correct time. Say I lock the screen at 11:30 and then try to unlock at 12:00, the lock screen says 11:30 for a second before changing to 12:00.

Does anyone else have this issue and know if there is a fix? Or is there another thread about this already?

Thanks!

Same here, just ignore it.

MAK85

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue as well with my Verizon Galaxy S4. I compared to other S4 users and they also experience this lag with stock lock-screen Clock. It is very annoying and has confused me a few times when I check the time quickly. Also interesting to note I compared this issue with 2 Galaxy S3 users (both on Verizon) and they do NOT have this issue. Will try dashclock

alimarie1331

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Nothing you can do about it my friend. This has been a problem that Samsung has failed to fix in all iterations since GS2..Lag is there to stay in the galaxy line.

I had the S3 for a year and this never happened. I got the S4 before it actually hit the shelves and this has just started happening in the last month for me. My husband still has the G3 and it doesn't happen to him. I've had exclusively Samsung phones since 2000 (except for a month with the awful Razr back in the day, and the iphone 4 for a year) and never had this issue. I'm on AT&T--is this an AT&T issue or are those of you also experiencing this on different carriers?

neel69

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the S view case and on opening the flap, it directly goes to the lockscreen showing the clock which shows no lag.
I tend to click in and out of the lock screen quickly to check the time so it did at first, but it being a widget causing lag makes sense. But I'll try DashClock

Thanks!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the S3 for a year and this never happened. I got the S4 before it actually hit the shelves and this has just started happening in the last month for me. My husband still has the G3 and it doesn't happen to him. I've had exclusively Samsung phones since 2000 (except for a month with the awful Razr back in the day, and the iphone 4 for a year) and never had this issue. I'm on AT&T--is this an AT&T issue or are those of you also experiencing this on different carriers?

I also did not have this issue on my S3...new problem with the S4. The last phone I experienced this on prior was my Blackberry Torch 9800. I hate turning on my phone just to see the time, then having to wait for it to update. I need to take a minute and try the Dashclock widget instead.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I also did not have this issue on my S3...new problem with the S4. The last phone I experienced this on prior was my Blackberry Torch 9800. I hate turning on my phone just to see the time, then having to wait for it to update. I need to take a minute and try the Dashclock widget instead.

Loving Dashclock. Seems to have completely solved the clock lag issue. It's typically updated already when I turn the screen on...once I saw it update the instant the screen came on...so pretty damn good. And it's free, fairly customizable, and looks much better than stock. Thanks!

Adam Goodison

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the lag issue about a month ago. Then downloaded dash clock, it's such a good app. Have you looked at the extensions you can add to it? You might find some useful ones

Posted via Android Central App