Window Manager Problem

Shoootist

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, thanks for all the good information to be found on here.

I did some searching around but can't seem to find anything on the problem with my Galaxy S4. Most of the time when I'm on the Internet and I hit the window manager button (so that I can close some windows) it will make a sound but not perform the action.

Thoughts?
Shoootist

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I have tried to find a way to help you I was google and was messing with my phone couldn't find anything. My best thing to tell you would be just to clear cookies history and restart the phone.

teewalk200

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on the s4 I click the Window button to close them or navigate to a Internet Window I have open and nothing happens.. It should open like my note 2....i had it work one time but that's all

Scorchia

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh I thought I'm the only one suffering:( same issue on my s4.. sometimes it just doesn't respond when I try to open the Window manager. But then after a while it's fine. Only hope an update will help us.

Shoootist

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I guess in a way I'm relieved that I'm not the only one having this problem. That means it's not just my phone and I won't have to replace it with another one. Hopefully this bug will be fixed on a future update.

paulosilva8200

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Same as my galaxy s4 4g. Multi windows does not work. Have you find a solution for this problem. Now with the new update. Not even the widgets that does not belong to the phone cant install. I removed the widget and then place it again. It says ok. But the screen is empty. And there is no help from Samsung here in dubai. They dont know nothing

UrHookUp

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this will help everyone.
I had the same issue, but I created it & didn't realize it.
In developer options,
Scroll to bottom in the Apps section.
Uncheck "Do Not Keep Activities".
After I turned that back off. Everything was back to normal.

myzticc66

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, thanks for all the good information to be found on here.

I did some searching around but can't seem to find anything on the problem with my Galaxy S4. Most of the time when I'm on the Internet and I hit the window manager button (so that I can close some windows) it will make a sound but not perform the action.

Thoughts?
Shoootist

henryz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Turning off 'Do not keep activities' in the Developer options section worked for me as well. However, I specifically use this option while developing apps to shorten the amount of time needed between debugging sessions. This is not a good long term solution for me, but it is a great temporary fix. Thank you UrHookUp!

candace215

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Go to app manager and click on the one with the blue globe (Internet logo) that says "Internet" and in there click clear cache. Worked for me. I don't like the default browser but can't figure out how to make Chrome my primary. Whenever I click a link in facebook it takes me to the crappy default browser.

Posted via Android Central App

getrdid2000red

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing it too never ever can chhange windows gotta power the pone offf at least 10 times a day and several other tthhinggs things like thhat crap grrrr. The screen will flashh the letters will stick the space bar works 1/4 of the time the phone will auto power. Off it does alot of junk no where near worthh over $20 my galaxy s3 worked way way better. Than this piece of junk you get off the phhone and hang up and it wont hang up may take 4min thhen auto call back stupid paper weight