1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spec difference between carriers

I am so new to all this and I am trying to figure out if there is a difference in spec for the Samsung Galaxy S4 between different carriers like Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular and T-mobile. I am looking to buy a phone and root it to use on Verizon, I primarily see phones offered from US Cellular by other people so I was wondering if there is a difference in specification between phones offered by Verizon and for instance US Cellular, I want to make sure that if I buy a phone and root it I would be able to use it on Verizon regardless what carrier it used to be built for.

Thanks!

Default Re: Spec difference between carriers

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
    I am so new to all this and I am trying to figure out if there is a difference in spec for the Samsung Galaxy S4 between different carriers like Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular and T-mobile. I am looking to buy a phone and root it to use on Verizon, I primarily see phones offered from US Cellular by other people so I was wondering if there is a difference in specification between phones offered by Verizon and for instance US Cellular, I want to make sure that if I buy a phone and root it I would be able to use it on Verizon regardless what carrier it used to be built for.

Thanks!
    With Verizon you would have to get the Verizon version. Due to Sprint and Verizon being CDMA, their devices are designed for use on their network only. You also cannot use Verizon on Sprint and vise versa.

Sent from my GS4 running the Google Edition Rom
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP