1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Removable back cover for future S5?

There are rumors pointing to a possible metal chassis for the Galaxy S5. It seems like having a removable back cover, with access to the battery and sim/micro sd, is an important feature to many buyers. I wonder if Samsung will stay with that design feature. The China version of the HTC One, has the removable back cover and still maintains the premium feel. With the purchase of a carbon fibre company, Samsung will be able to have phones with that kind of body. Not sure if they can ramp it up fast enough for first quarter 2014. I really like my S4 which replaced my IP5, but already planning to purchase the next S5.

Default Re: Removable back cover for future S5?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
    There are rumors pointing to a possible metal chassis for the Galaxy S5. It seems like having a removable back cover, with access to the battery and sim/micro sd, is an important feature to many buyers. I wonder if Samsung will stay with that design feature. The China version of the HTC One, has the removable back cover and still maintains the premium feel. With the purchase of a carbon fibre company, Samsung will be able to have phones with that kind of body. Not sure if they can ramp it up fast enough for first quarter 2014. I really like my S4 which replaced my IP5, but already planning to purchase the next S5.
    I hope Samsung stays with the removable back.
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts

A removable battery and an sd card slot are required as far as I'm concerned. I won't consider a phone without both. As to whether the phone is plastic or metal, I really don't care as long as it feels solid. The Galaxy S4 and my previous S3 and droid Charge feel/felt fine.

Knowing Samsung...they will find a way to have it removable...Samsung always figures out how to get around things
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

It seems like samsung will use carbon fiber instead of metal for their future phones, which I think is better!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app