- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Rapid battery drain on standby
Am new to Android. Have had the phone a few weeks now. When I first got it I had a problem with the camera crashing when I opened the camera. An automatic update appeared a few days ago, and having done that the camera problem appears to be resolved.
However, i now have a different problem - the battery is running down really fast (ie 80 to 17% overnight on standby)! The battery usage show Android OS at 70%. I never have GPS switched on. Any idea what's happening?
- 07-02-2013, 08:26 AM #2
Re: Rapid battery drain on standby
Does your phone have a decent data signal at the time when this is happening? A very weak signal *could* cause rapid battery drain, so best to eliminate that possibility first.
You could probably try different monitoring apps to figure out specifically what app is the primary culprit here, but honestly, if this were me, I'd just do a factory reset. I know that can be a real PITA, but that normally fixes a lot of problems similar to this, especially where battery drain is very high after an OS update.
- By amroa in forum HTC One M7Replies: 40Last Post: 08-19-2013, 08:20 PM
- By RavenSword in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-03-2013, 03:58 AM
- By yellow slider in forum HTC One M7Replies: 7Last Post: 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
- By Vicky Goyal in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2013, 04:45 AM
- By stoopidnation in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 07-02-2013, 02:39 AM