- 30 Posts
clearing the phone cache on GS4.
I have a (Sprint S4), and when I try to clear the Cache by shutting down the phone and restarting while holding the Power, Vol up, and the home buttons, I do end up on the recovery screen that allows me to select "wipe Cache partition", however once I select it, I briefly get "erasing", and then "error" and the phone boots up to home screen. Anyone else have the same issue? or know what the fix is??
- 09-13-2013, 07:16 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: clearing the phone cache on GS4.
Yes, I've got the same problem I reboot and select delete cache and it says error. The reason I want to clear the cache is to try to solve the wi-fi connection problem with the S4. I had S3 before and had no problem connecting to local wi-fi where available. The S4 will connect then auto disconnect to some wi-fi networks giving me the error 'network connection too slow so disconnected' this is really annoying as I'm losing 60% of available connections. I heard the answer was to delete the wifi cache, but haven't been able to do this through the menu. Yes, I have restarted the damn thing and taken it back to factory settings and rebuilt the phone software-wise but this didn't make a difference - help!
- By rohiggidy in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 8Last Post: 04-19-2014, 12:45 PM
- By Bdanyi in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2013, 08:15 PM
- By jskinvest in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
- By RichardRight in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM
- By Grayholme in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2013, 09:51 AM