Sometimes when I'm using the stock browser the page will suddenly zoom in and there will be a blue-lined surround. I don't know what I am doing to trigger this, but once its there I have to close the browser to get rid of it. I am familiar with the double and triple taps for zooming, but this is something different. Anyone else experience this? Can I turn it off?

Thanks, Rich
    07-02-2013 03:57 PM
    Maybe you have air view webpage magnifier turned on. I know that will put a blue line around words when you hold your finger over them.
    07-02-2013 04:49 PM
    Are you sure your finger isn't held on the screen when you move it around?
    richs10 likes this.
    07-02-2013 06:02 PM
    Are you sure your finger isn't held on the screen when you move it around?
    Thank you! That was it. I didn't know it did that. Might even be able to use that feature now that I know how it works.
    07-02-2013 06:29 PM
    Ok. I now understand how I get the magnified screen, but I still can't figure out how to get out of it and return to the normal screen. Any idea's?

Thanks
    Rich
    07-05-2013 11:01 AM
    Hmm, I know it's in the user guide. One of the functions is holding your finger and moving the screen around to view a document. The other is being able to zoom in and out with your finger by moving the phone forward and back. I would think the default would be to either double or triple tap the screen to magnify and de-magnify. Or maybe using pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out
    07-05-2013 01:33 PM
    Hmm, I know it's in the user guide. One of the functions is holding your finger and moving the screen around to view a document. The other is being able to zoom in and out with your finger by moving the phone forward and back. I would think the default would be to either double or triple tap the screen to magnify and de-magnify. Or maybe using pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out
    11-03-2013 11:34 AM
    Noticed the same problem on my HTC one but only since it received android 4.2.2 I have concluded that if I tap any page 3 times quickly the problem is there and tapping 3 times quickly again puts it back normal again must be an android glitch annoying tho till I found the fix as it often did it in the middle of writing an email let me know if this helps.
    11-03-2013 11:37 AM
    It's called magnification gestures, you can turn it off in settings > accessibility > magnification gestures. It bugged me especially when punching numbers quickly in my calculator app, so I offed it.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-20-2014 10:21 AM
    Sometimes when I'm using the stock browser the page will suddenly zoom in and there will be a blue-lined surround. I don't know what I am doing to trigger this, but once its there I have to close the browser to get rid of it. I am familiar with the double and triple taps for zooming, but this is something different. Anyone else experience this? Can I turn it off?

Thanks, Rich
    02-22-2014 09:13 AM
    I just bought a moto g and it does the same thing.I hate having to close especially when I'm right in the middle of something. I couldn't find anything in My user guide either. I also have problems with my back key not deleting. I have to press on each word to them. I have since then, tried what n7fan suggested, about going to settings, then accessibility and turned off the magnification, . .and it worked, problem solved.
    Thank You n7fan for the information.
    Jan W.
    02-22-2014 09:19 AM
    Thank you,
    You are my hero.
    04-03-2014 09:42 AM
    Thanks. Checked the setting as you said and an explanation on its use was there. Now I understand it, it is quite useful.
    05-20-2014 10:51 PM
    Thanks N7fan I found an explanation on the settings page. Quite useful now I know how it works.
    05-20-2014 10:52 PM
    Thanks N7fan. This is really bugging me!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2014 08:37 AM
    thanks you really are a life saver
    11-13-2014 03:33 AM
    thanks, it really helped...
    11-22-2014 12:32 PM
    Thanks N7fan you rock!
    12-26-2014 12:51 AM
    It's called magnification gestures, you can turn it off in settings > accessibility > magnification gestures. It bugged me especially when punching numbers quickly in my calculator app, so I offed it.

Posted via Android Central App
    This has been the number one issue I had with my phone, only the frame was orange. The options for accessibility> magnification were not available as a listed item. Ive looked for it before but obviously had a derp moment and didnt think to search it. Its there in the archives for anyone else who has had a moment like myself. Thanks for posting this
    04-10-2016 12:35 PM