Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts

Default Stock Browser - Weird Page Zoom with Blue Lined Border ???

Sometimes when I'm using the stock browser the page will suddenly zoom in and there will be a blue-lined surround. I don't know what I am doing to trigger this, but once its there I have to close the browser to get rid of it. I am familiar with the double and triple taps for zooming, but this is something different. Anyone else experience this? Can I turn it off?

Thanks, Rich

Default Re: Stock Browser - Weird Page Zoom with Blue Lined Border ???

Maybe you have air view webpage magnifier turned on. I know that will put a blue line around words when you hold your finger over them.
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

Are you sure your finger isn't held on the screen when you move it around?
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tytlyf View Post
    Are you sure your finger isn't held on the screen when you move it around?
    Thank you! That was it. I didn't know it did that. Might even be able to use that feature now that I know how it works.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts

Ok. I now understand how I get the magnified screen, but I still can't figure out how to get out of it and return to the normal screen. Any idea's?

Thanks
    Rich

Hmm, I know it's in the user guide. One of the functions is holding your finger and moving the screen around to view a document. The other is being able to zoom in and out with your finger by moving the phone forward and back. I would think the default would be to either double or triple tap the screen to magnify and de-magnify. Or maybe using pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out

Quote Originally Posted by tytlyf View Post
    Hmm, I know it's in the user guide. One of the functions is holding your finger and moving the screen around to view a document. The other is being able to zoom in and out with your finger by moving the phone forward and back. I would think the default would be to either double or triple tap the screen to magnify and de-magnify. Or maybe using pinch with 2 fingers to zoom in/out

Noticed the same problem on my HTC one but only since it received android 4.2.2 I have concluded that if I tap any page 3 times quickly the problem is there and tapping 3 times quickly again puts it back normal again must be an android glitch annoying tho till I found the fix as it often did it in the middle of writing an email let me know if this helps.

It's called magnification gestures, you can turn it off in settings > accessibility > magnification gestures. It bugged me especially when punching numbers quickly in my calculator app, so I offed it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by richs10 View Post
    Sometimes when I'm using the stock browser the page will suddenly zoom in and there will be a blue-lined surround. I don't know what I am doing to trigger this, but once its there I have to close the browser to get rid of it. I am familiar with the double and triple taps for zooming, but this is something different. Anyone else experience this? Can I turn it off?

Thanks, Rich

I just bought a moto g and it does the same thing.I hate having to close especially when I'm right in the middle of something. I couldn't find anything in My user guide either. I also have problems with my back key not deleting. I have to press on each word to them. I have since then, tried what n7fan suggested, about going to settings, then accessibility and turned off the magnification, . .and it worked, problem solved.
    Thank You n7fan for the information.
    Jan W.
    Last edited by Jan Welch; 02-22-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: more updated information

Thank you,
    You are my hero.

Talking Re: Stock Browser - Weird Page Zoom with Blue Lined Border ???

Thanks. Checked the setting as you said and an explanation on its use was there. Now I understand it, it is quite useful.

Thanks N7fan I found an explanation on the settings page. Quite useful now I know how it works.