Display Problem (low battery mandatory dimming) and Audio Problem (reduced headphone volume)

soldier9599

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Verizon Galaxy S4 and love it. Initially I planned on loading a custom ROM but now that it is rooted and I have removed much of the bloatware, I realize I don't want to give up most of these Touchwiz features. However, there are two simple issues I have never had with an android device before that are bugging me.

First of all, as I'm sure many of you have noticed, when the battery reaches a certain level, the brightness dims to the lowest level possible and you lose the ability to manipulate the brightness. Generally this happens when my phone has at least a couple hours of battery life remaining. Granted, a bright screen will reduce this time but I'd rather have some usable time than none, as the brightness level reaches a point where the phone is completely unusable if you are exposed to any sunlight at all. I have tried going through the settings as well as overriding the brightness with an app I have called Screen Dim to no avail. Has anyone had success brightening the screen at low battery?

Additionally, every time you plug in a 3.5mm stereo jack into the phone, it drops down the volume and usually forces you to acknowledge a dialog box prior to permitting you to raise the volume. This is a wonderful feature if you are completely oblivious and all you ever use are low impedance headphones. However, I use this almost exclusively on loudspeaker stereos, 90% of the time is is my car stereo while I am driving. Occasionally I use bluetooth headphones but I'm not dumb enough to blast that on full volume so this feature is pointless to me. So now here is one more button I have to read and push while in the act of driving in order to get music playing which is unsafe. Is there any way to circumvent this annoyance?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance