Individual Email Account Icons on home screen?

msglsom

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently moved from the S3 to the S4. On the S3, I had one icon for my work and one icon for my work email - both using the stock email app, on my home screen. I don't see a way of doing this on the S4. Other than using the Yahoo app or K9, is this possible with the stock S4 email app?

Thanks,

Mike

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently moved from the S3 to the S4. On the S3, I had one icon for my work and one icon for my work email - both using the stock email app, on my home screen. I don't see a way of doing this on the S4. Other than using the Yahoo app or K9, is this possible with the stock S4 email app?

Thanks,

Mike

The stock email account can watch multiple emails in one location. Just open it up, go into settings and you should be able to add accounts.

themoist

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't answer his/her question and I have the same question. Is there a way to get SEPARATE icons for each of your email accounts?

The biggest reason for this is because I like - like many others - to split my work email from all other email accounts. That way, I know if I have new emails for that account, specifically - at a glance, without having to open the app. Yes, we know we can use different apps for each account, but that seems ridiculous as well. My win 8 phone does exactly this thing we are asking about. You have a mail hub with all of your accounts in it and can combine some or all of them or separate each of them into their own inbox using their own icon. Very handy.

It drives me crazy to see a sudden 734 on the icon, when none of them have anything to do with work.

Since posting this, I did find an article that says "no, you can't":

Galaxy S4 Email Question: Can I setup separate icons for different email account?

jbailey77

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My win 8 phone does exactly this thing we are asking about. You have a mail hub with all of your accounts in it and can combine some or all of them or separate each of them into their own inbox using their own icon. Very handy.

It drives me crazy to see a sudden 734 on the icon, when none of them have anything to do with work.
[/url]

WP8 takes it a step further and allows you to create live tiles for individual folders within an email account. This is the greatest feature I have ever seen on a smart phone and what keeps me going back to Windows Phone. As an IT Manager, the ability to see an email notification for individual folders has increased my productivity and ability to respond to emergencies like server failures, service outages, etc. For someone that has never seen this, WP8 gives you an unread count since you last opened an email folder. ALl you have to do is setup a rule in outlook to have it send messages from services and servers to the folders and then create a live tile for those folders. Every time I glance at my phone I know if I got a new email to a folder and since the live tile is named based on the folder I know what server or service sent it. I can take immediate action. The alternative on Android, Blackberry, and IOS is to have one folder for email and if you're lucky one for each account. The unread marker is usually a dot that doesn't necessarily mean you have a new message since you last checked, just that you have unread messages so you have to actually open the folder to see if new mail has arrived. The worse part is getting to a folder - you have to drill down from Inbox, find the folder and see if it has any new messages.

WP8 has taken a 5 minute ordeal into a simple glance.

There are some very nice Android phones out , but the email functionality isn't smart at all.

I had high hopes for the HTC One with BlinkFeed, but the more I read about it the more it sounds like an RSS reader.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Gmail Notifier Widget available on the Play Store lets you have separate Gmail icons on the homescreen, each for a different folder or account, and with unread badges. This only works for Gmail accounts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app