Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tmx31415
  • 1 Post By Kilgore Trout
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Spare battery/charger

    Looking for a good spare battery and charger to use since my battery life hasn't been great and I don't wanna turn off everything I bought the phone for. Specifically would like one that doesn't increase the bulk of the phone and fits with the stock back cover. I've seen some good deals on amazon but they all have mixed reviews of the size. Any suggestions?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Makes more sense to just get a portable battery pack then, instead of a spare battery and charger


    Check this out on AMZN:

    Anker® Astro3E 10000mAh High Capacity Power Bank Pack Portable External Battery Charger for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods (Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5 & iPad 4); Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; Google Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10; LG Optimus; PS Vita, GoPro (Dual 5V 3A USB Output) [4 cellphone connectors included, 0.6 inch slim design, customized for Apple & Android Devices, Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5]
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009USAJCC/...idcentral00-20


    Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Makes more sense to just get a portable battery pack then, instead of a spare battery and charger


    Check this out on AMZN:

    Anker® Astro3E 10000mAh High Capacity Power Bank Pack Portable External Battery Charger for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods (Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5 & iPad 4); Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; Google Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10; LG Optimus; PS Vita, GoPro (Dual 5V 3A USB Output) [4 cellphone connectors included, 0.6 inch slim design, customized for Apple & Android Devices, Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5]
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009USAJCC/...idcentral00-20


    Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    I'd rather go for the convenience of having a batter fully charged in my car that I can just pop in whenever but thanks

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashheatmvp3 View Post
    I'd rather go for the convenience of having a batter fully charged in my car that I can just pop in whenever but thanks

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oh ok. But with a portable charger u can charge your phone anywhere, it's pretty cheap, the one I got had less power and cost the same, so this is a steal. But it's your choice, hope u find what u want

    Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    I ordered the Hyperion charger and two 2600 mah batteries. Will arrive today. 20 bucks Amazon. 1 spare battery should be fine and two will better.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    I have the spare battery with charging case from Samsung. If you register your device with them they will email you a code to receive 50% off any accessory over $50.
    Thanked by 2:
    ihbsbA and tvouge like this.
  7. #7  
    ihbsbA's Avatar

    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    824 Global Posts

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by kasarn View Post
    I ordered the Hyperion charger and two 2600 mah batteries. Will arrive today. 20 bucks Amazon. 1 spare battery should be fine and two will better.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Would you have a link please?

    •Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk •
    •• Formerly "Evo_girl"
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    I have the two anker batteries and charger approximately 26$ on amazon and they work real good

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    I have the two anker batteries and charger approximately 26$ on amazon and they work real good

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    This is what I ended up ordering cause it seemed to have the least amount of issues with people saying it didn't fit well. Hoping it works out great!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Makes more sense to just get a portable battery pack then, instead of a spare battery and charger


    Check this out on AMZN:

    Anker® Astro3E 10000mAh High Capacity Power Bank Pack Portable External Battery Charger for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods (Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5 & iPad 4); Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; Google Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10; LG Optimus; PS Vita, GoPro (Dual 5V 3A USB Output) [4 cellphone connectors included, 0.6 inch slim design, customized for Apple & Android Devices, Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5]
    Amazon.com: Anker® Astro3E 10000mAh High Capacity Power Bank Pack Portable External Battery Charger for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini, iPods (Lightning Cable not Provided for iPhone 5 & iPad 4); Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2; HTC One, EVO,


    Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user
    nice find. great deal!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by tmx31415 View Post
    I have the spare battery with charging case from Samsung. If you register your device with them they will email you a code to receive 50% off any accessory over $50.
    linky?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    I went with this combo as well and am very happy with it. I think my stock battery was getting alittle tired. The Anker batteries are giving slightly better batt life than stock.. plus I now have the travel charger and two spare batteries. Great combo for $26.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Take a look at the Limeade blast its the best battery pack hands down for the money. Check out this video

  14. #14  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    I don't know why folk are trying to talk the OP into external battery packs. He purchased a phone that has a removable battery, and he wants to take advantage of that nice feature.

    I have several battery packs around the house, but the spare battery is so much smaller and more convenient.

    Most other phones these days don't have removable batteries. But, the S4 does, and he wants to take advantage.

    Nothing wrong with that.
    bossfan61 likes this.
  15. #15  
    Sophos's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    I had the double anker + wall charger combo for my Note2 and really liked them. I think they even gave my slightly better life than the stock battery. For my S4 I went with the ZeroLemon 2x3000mah and wall charger & am also pleased.... they last at least as long as the ankers.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    I don't know why folk are trying to talk the OP into external battery packs. He purchased a phone that has a removable battery, and he wants to take advantage of that nice feature.

    I have several battery packs around the house, but the spare battery is so much smaller and more convenient.

    Most other phones these days don't have removable batteries. But, the S4 does, and he wants to take advantage.

    Nothing wrong with that.
    Thanks the double Anker batteries and charger pack is working out great so far!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #17  
    jwn66's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    eh, i just got the official battery with the charger, i give it a run thru on the last day of each month if i haven't used it. comes in a small form fitting case that i just throw in my bag. im g2g
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Spare battery/charger

    Quote Originally Posted by ihbsbA View Post
    Would you have a link please?

    •Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk •
    •• Formerly "Evo_girl"
    Try this link:
    Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S4 2 x 2600mAh NFC / Google Wallet Enabled Batteries + Charger (Compatible Samsung Galaxy S4 S IV SIV, I9500) **18 Month Warranty**: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Droid Bionic----->Samsung Galaxy S4, not rooted
    VZW

Similar Threads

  1. Using all three GPS options kills battery - which one should be used?
    By droidlouise in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 06:42 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 09:07 AM
  3. Oh, help -- dead(?) battery
    By floretbroccoli in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 09:52 PM
  4. Phone got hot, battery lost power quickly.
    By marko959 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 06:08 PM
  5. Battery life taken a dive?
    By Rorschach86 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 04:19 AM

Posting Permissions

B