Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gflurry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 music crackle sound

So every time i listen to music on my Samsung Galaxy S4 the sound crackles, i can hear the lyrics and stuff but there is a crackle to nearly every song i listen to. The crackle is more loud on the bass heavy songs. Having downloaded the Jay Z album from the Magna Carta app, and put the tracks onto my playlist i have listened to a couple of the tracks and so far i'm getting the crackle a lot. The more i turn the volume up the higher the crackle is but even on mid volume its still there.

I don't think it's my earphones because they worked perfect on my old iPhone 4S, there was no crackle. Has anyone else noticed this? is there any way to fix it?

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 music crackle sound

this has been covered on other threads here and it comes down to the impedence of your headphones! The S4 requires headphones of 15Ohm or more while your headphones probably run a lower impedence.The stock pods run some where around 35 Ohms

Cheers

There was a software update released recently that fixes the crackling issue with headphones/earbuds.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There was? I am on Verizon and did not get an update.

I'm on at&t and have same problem. Also no update either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

I had the problem too and I had Beats headphones. So the headphones are not the problem

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4
    Galaxy S4 >>>>>> your phone

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    There was? I am on Verizon and did not get an update.
    I'm not sure that it's out in the US yet. I'm almost certain it hasn't been rolled out to Verizon.

I'm having the same problem with my etymotics. Someone please post an update when the US update is released.

I ran the update from At&t last night & it appears the problem is solved. No crackle today.

Thanked by:
    wallstreet123456 likes this.

The software update specifically stated it was fixing this issue.

I just rooted my S4 last week to get better sound I heard the new update will break the root. Im hoping new earbuds will work. trolling forums looking for answers...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave25A View Post
    So every time i listen to music on my Samsung Galaxy S4 the sound crackles, i can hear the lyrics and stuff but there is a crackle to nearly every song i listen to. The crackle is more loud on the bass heavy songs. Having downloaded the Jay Z album from the Magna Carta app, and put the tracks onto my playlist i have listened to a couple of the tracks and so far i'm getting the crackle a lot. The more i turn the volume up the higher the crackle is but even on mid volume its still there.

I don't think it's my earphones because they worked perfect on my old iPhone 4S, there was no crackle. Has anyone else noticed this? is there any way to fix it?

I am having the same issue with my Etymotic's -- horribly annoying crackling -- I thought the problem was the headphones so I returned them to be serviced -- Etymotic said they could find no problem with the headphones but they sent me a new pair anyway -- sure enough, the new pair had the same problem so I know the problem is with the damn Samsung S4 phone!

I updated my software, so that can't be the issue.

Regarding the impedance problem, I understand how that could affect headphones with an impedance lower than 32 ohm, but I'm experiencing the crackle with the stock ear buds that came with my phone. I've visited the samsung site, and they're 32 ohm ear buds as they should be.

I had an odd problem with my s4 where only certain headphones would work with it. Since the 4.3 update all headphones seem to be working with it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Posted from my iPad mini.

I had this same problem randomly through my jack. Audio was fine through the built in speakers but anything out of the headphone jack was crackly and distorted. Try a full factory reset and if that doesn't work it might have to go back. I took mine to Verizon after troubleshooting and after looking at it they just sent me a new one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

I had the same problem ( among numerous others like the phone not auto rotating, not reading sim/sd card, sensors not working)... I found that when I turned off adapt sound and the custom EQ I set up off, then listened to a song the crackling was gone. I turned the em both back on and I havent hear any crackling yet, and im 3 songs in. I swear if samsung made products that worked like they were supposed to, theyd be the best phone manufacturer... I have had like 5 or 6 samsung phones, and they only one that hasnt messed up on me yet (even though its been submerged in water numerous times) is the sgh-u660 flip phone. Next time ill buy an htc, samsung products just arent reliable.