A way to make Google Music to stop moving album art

vfxmorley

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Pretty interested in this as well. Did you discover anything?

I find it pretty weird that it was not thought of to be able to change/disable it.

Let me know if you did. At least This bumps it back up!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have never seen that issue. Generally, I put all my album's into their own folder along with their artwork, and have never seen Google Music do anything to it. I stopped using Google Music a few weeks ago because Google Music was mixing my Greatest Hits albums together into one big album by that title... Google Music should know the difference between albums with the same title but by different artists... Samsung's music player does not have this issue.

vfxmorley

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi fatboy. The issue is to do with the way play shows the Artwork. Its like it overscales the image so every second it pops to a different spot on the artwork. I would have thought it would be programatically easier and less cpu intensive to scale the image to fit the screen width.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi fatboy. The issue is to do with the way play shows the Artwork. Its like it overscales the image so every second it pops to a different spot on the artwork. I would have thought it would be programatically easier and less cpu intensive to scale the image to fit the screen width.

Very nice... now if I could just read your first sentence and make sense of it, OR if you actually just read my first sentence... "I have never seen that issue." Anyways, thanks for your comments.

anon6136263

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Not yet. I'm still looking for a solution. I see Youtube videos and apparently the artwork is suppose to move slowly around. However, mine seems to go left to right, left to right, at a fairly rapid pace. I wish it was just static. I don't think there's a way to turn it off.

weissa74

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts. However, mine USED to slowly move across the screen, but now it shows one half of the artwork at a time and is jumpy, like you say. I can't figure out exactly when it started to do this, but I've been scouring the web to try to figure it out.

evm2556

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Is
Setting > Developer options > Animator duration scale
set to off???
It can help with battery, but causes the album art to bounce instead of scroll smoothly on my GS3.
Cheers.