1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchwiz has stopped

Ive been havi g a big issue lately. My screen goes black and says Touchwiz home has stopped. I have to restart the phone to get the screen back. It is really frustrating. I uninstalled my apex launcher to go back to touchwiz, and i have this problem. Constantly. Any advice? I have also trued resetting the phone, still no fix.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Touchwiz has stopped-1372963319304.jpg  
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    13,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Touchwiz has stopped

Quote Originally Posted by swent1 View Post
    Ive been havi g a big issue lately. My screen goes black and says Touchwiz home has stopped. I have to restart the phone to get the screen back. It is really frustrating. I uninstalled my apex launcher to go back to touchwiz, and i have this problem. Constantly. Any advice? I have also trued resetting the phone, still no fix.

You can try to clear the phone's cache in recovery. I would guess it is the same way as the S3. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Wilbur 

Maybe touchwiz disable itself happen to me once. Check in the app settings and see if it is.
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Is this happening when you've just tried to move an icon or add a widget? Just curious. This happened on my FILs s3....we just stopped doing those things and used a different launcher..

•Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk •
    •• Formerly "Evo_girl"
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ihbsbA View Post
    Is this happening when you've just tried to move an icon or add a widget? Just curious. This happened on my FILs s3....we just stopped doing those things and used a different launcher..

•Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk •
    •• Formerly "Evo_girl"
    No it doesnt. It just happens at anytime. I was reading an email and it happened, again when i was playing a game. Very frustrating lol. Ive tried clearing the cache, resetting, and getting rid of apps and launcher but no help.

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Have you made any changes lately?, do you have a custom TW Rom?, You are not giving all the details here, but assuming you haven't caused, or even if you caused it, I think you shouldn't be losing your patience anymore and just use Odin and Flash the OEM Rom, it won't delete your data, it will simply restore all your Factory Apps, if you are rooted, just re-root using Motochopper and you will be back in business in no time.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    Have you made any changes lately?, do you have a custom TW Rom?, You are not giving all the details here, but assuming you haven't caused, or even if you caused it, I think you shouldn't be losing your patience anymore and just use Odin and Flash the OEM Rom, it won't delete your data, it will simply restore all your Factory Apps, if you are rooted, just re-root using Motochopper and you will be back in business in no time.
    Sorry about that, should have stated i have not rooted nor do i want to. No changes have been made at all. I have done everything the same that i have been doing since i purchased the phone, no viruses, or apps downloaded outside of the playstore. I was thinking of calling samsung support or my carrier to see if they could help or have heard of this hapenning, i guess it would be much easier to fix if i was rooted lol ..

Have they updated Apex launcher beyond the version you used? IF so you might consider re-installing Apex and see what happens. Sounds like Apex's uninstall program messed up.

Try a factory reset. Im sorry you are having such an awful experience. If that didnt work. Exchange it

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

To make the Odin restore you don't need to be root, just bootup in Download Mode and run Odin, it should fix all those issues, the good thing about Odin restore Vs Factory Restore, is that with Odin you don't lose your settings and Apps, try it, it won't hurt.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for all the replies guys! Really appreciate. Love the phone and have nothing bad to say about android so it definitely dosn chqbge my opinion. Il try those suggestions and keep my fingers crossed they work!