Bluetooth connectivity

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang,

Was wondering if anyone has had issues connecting to their car's Bluetooth hands free. Samsungs have always given me fits connecting to stock and aftermarket head units. (especially Pioneer and Kenwood) I'd really like to get the S4, but the uncertainty of a quality Bluetooth feature is the only thing holding me back. I'd appreciate any input.

dougc405

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kenwood HU and have had some problems, mostly with establishing a connection. What works best for me is to turn off Bluetooth before turning on the car and turning it back on after the radio is up and running. S voice works ok, but cannot work through a PIN lock screen. I am using Delayed Lock app to get around that problem. I think this is more an Android 4.2.2 problem than an S4 issue.
Streaming over Bluetooth works, but Pandora, which is integrated into my Kenwood, does not. It doesn't handshake right. Music sometimes plays, but the info does not display correctly.

Phone works ok with Ford Sync, but I have not tried using any media.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang,

Was wondering if anyone has had issues connecting to their car's Bluetooth hands free. Samsungs have always given me fits connecting to stock and aftermarket head units. (especially Pioneer and Kenwood) I'd really like to get the S4, but the uncertainty of a quality Bluetooth feature is the only thing holding me back. I'd appreciate any input.

Here's a thread you should have read:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/278206-galaxy-s4-bluetooth.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12