cant stop facebook notifications

mark5019

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
when i go to home screen theirs number telling me that theirs new notifications. but theirs no way to disable that

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I would uninstall it and then reinstall the app and make sure you pay attention to every single setting while installing the app.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Telsaunread is a plugin for NOVA launcher that allows for an unread count next to various messaging programs, email, SMS, etc. it does not have an option in any menus for Facebook. But, disabling that feature in NOVA clearly removes the unread count (which I personally really like).

I am also running nova on a stock nexus 7 and do not get the notifier there.

So, this is definitely coming from Samsung.

It can be disabled with tesla unread, which suggests there should be other ways to do it too.

I doubt there is an option in Facebook though. It is coming from the OS.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Check system setting, security, and then administration device. See if there is an notification app that you can turn off. Otherwise, try system setting, accessibility, and then service. That's where device like Tasker and adw notification gets their permission to run in the background.

Send from Pantech P9070 running slimbean using Tapatalk HD.

allenkuo

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried every method to stop the notification -- changed my Facebook application setting on Android, and then even deleted it -- all did not work. Finally I went to my Facebook account and changed the password -- it kept silent ever since. The FB application in your Android is a build in module comes with the system, and cannot be really removed even it looks like has been removed. But when you change the password, at least this devices cannot login automatically.

Silverthorn49

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Try going to the Facebook web app home on your pc or mac and click "privacy shortcuts", then "more settings", then "notifiations". Then disable text messages to your phone. Yes, Facebook secretly texts your phone and Android hides this interaction so it can pop up even without a Facebook app installed on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol