Firmwarwe Update failed - Recovery failed - What Now?!
I have a new Galaxy S-4, purchased last Saturday... it is on the Verizon Wireless network.
This morning I loaded Kies on my Windows PC; connected the phone and it advised there was the new Firmware Update available and I followed the prompts. About halfway through the "installing update" process an error message appeared advising it had encountered an "unexpected error" and would terminate. The following dialog boxes advised of the Recovery Code and instructions on how to complete the Recovery process.
Both times I attempted the Recovery it advised another "unexpected error" and I seem to be caught in a loop...
What to do?
Keep attempting and hope I get lucky?
If outside assistance is needed, then from who: VZW or Samsung?
Appreciate any and all advice... thanks in advance!
- 07-10-2013, 09:57 AM #2
Re: Firmwarwe Update failed - Recovery failed - What Now?!
Following a FAQ suggestion at Samsung's Support Web site, I installed Kies on another computer.
You then obtain the Recovery Code from the original computer (looks like a0b4ccf3h3 kind of format) and enter it manually on the second PC. The firmware update then downloaded again and successfully installed without issue. Not sure why it failed on the original PC, but all is well now...
Just an FYI in case anyone else experiences this.
- By Notsosure in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOXReplies: 14Last Post: 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM
- By Biodigital DNA in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2013, 10:37 PM
- By tcm1969 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
- By SpiralBorg in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2013, 10:37 AM
- By thegov in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2013, 01:15 AM