Verizon software update

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Weird...I didn't think the most recently released update will go through OTA over VZW since the size of it is almost 2 gig, I had to install Kies yesterday to get that particular update. And I just double checked to see if VZW released a small carrier update OTA and it says my phone is up to date.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
sorry to hijack the thread , any news on Canadian company like FIDO or Rogers pushing this update soon
thx

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
OTAs are often smaller in size than Kies updates (because they are only updates, whereas the offline update files are full images).

Just a warning to all here...if you are rooted or plan to root in the future, be warned that this update will update the bootloader, and at this time there is no way to root it. Again, if you install this update, you will NOT be able to root your phone. If you're OK with that, then proceed...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...verizon-gs4-if-you-want-root-your-device.html

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
did the check on mine said it was up to date but then clicked look now for updates and there is one downlaoding it now

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What does this update actually do, I was trying to find a list of things it does but was not able to find anything. I know from what people are saying that it locks the bootloader and allows for apps to be moved to SD card but are there any other changes/fixes?

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd also love a list of the changes. All I've noticed is a transparent status bar which I'd like to change and can't find it settings. Help! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
PSA:

If your rooted, this will break root and right now there is no way to restore root access.

You've been warned.

Posted via Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and updated my 32gb. I see no difference that others are touting. It was fast before and still is. Does not run cooler for me and reception seems the same as well(same as S3).

The S4 seems to hold on to 4G better, but dBm signal is virtually the same on both and was this way prior to the update.

Must be mainly technical fixes, tweaks and Trojan horse root killer, plus a heavy dose of grounded sugar pill on top.

Eric Warren2

May 29, 2013
Visit site
And, indeed, I just looked at my Application Manager, chose a random, non-bloatware app, and it gave me the option to "Move to SD Card". Those are four of the most glorious words I have heard in days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy