Galaxy S4 syncing to iMac

Emilysdad1

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thank you for all the help I've been able to gain from reading the forums so far.

I'm a newbie to Android being an iPhone user for several years. I've been trying to sync up my calendar & contacts to my iMac so that both are always up to date. Finally found sync-mate which has helped me do this after much fiddling. The one thing I can't figure how to do is sync the contact photos.

All the contacts on my phone that are Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+ have pictures pulled from these sites. However the contacts that aren't on any of these have no pictures despite them being on the iMac where they are synced from. Any ideas?

I've updated pics on the iMac to see if they sync and while the information stored for an individual updates, the pic doesn't.

Thanks in advance.
Col

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My question is are the contact accounts not added on both your computer and phone separately? For instance, haven't you added your google contacts to you iCal account on your computer? Same thing for facebook and others. I mean as long as the accounts are added on both, I'm not sure you really need to sync computer with device for contacts and calendar. I know I never do that and once I add all my accounts to my respective devices I'm good to go.

Emilysdad1

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I dont sync anything with Google Contacts, just going straight from iMac via Sync-Mate to the phone. I think I may have just solved it, I took the plunge and bought the full version of sync-mate (cheaper via Apple Apps Store than from their website) and it seems to have synced pictures I assigned to my contacts on the Mac.

Best wishes
Colin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams