Voicemail Question

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I set this as per Verizon. When a call comes in it prompts me to call 901. But when I go to the keyboard and dile 901 it tells me that the call cannot be completed at this time. What did I do wrong?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong or your Verizon is different but that isn't the normal number for Verizon voice mail...

How do I access my Voice Mail to retrieve messages?
To access your Voice Mail, dial *VM (*86), and then press the Call button. Follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages. If you press *VM (*86) and hear your own or a system greeting, press the # key to interrupt the greeting and follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just had son send me a VM and I had to put in a password. Plus the VM was gobbled.
Can I get rid of the password? And are all VM's garbled?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The password is required but you should be able to embed it in the dial string from the Settings menu on your dial screen. That way you can just hit Voicemail and it will dial, wait however long you define, enter the password, all automagically.

The quality of the message is equally dependent on your location and signal quality as well as the callers phone environment.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The password is required but you should be able to embed it in the dial string from the Settings menu on your dial screen. That way you can just hit Voicemail and it will dial, wait however long you define, enter the password, all automagically.

The quality of the message is equally dependent on your location and signal quality as well as the callers phone environment.

Thanks Again.

JessePinkman

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
You have to use your computer to do it on Verizon. Definitely work to figure it out because it's amazing once you do.

Also check the settings after to enable integration to your phone - after that the voicemail works almost exactly like the iPhone which is so much nicer than dialing in to listen.

Posted via Android Central App

JessePinkman

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I'll do my best.

I believe the order I did it was:

1) Download Google Voice app
2) Go through set up on there - eventually it should tell you that on Verizon you are unable to set this up directly from your phone
3) Log into your Google account at voice.google.com
4) Click the settings menu
5) Go to the Voicemail tab
6) It should be pretty easy from here - set it up so that Google Voice calls your phone to record your greeting and make it the voicemail provider for your phone
7) Go to the app settings and check the "Voicemail display" box - which will let this act almost exactly like the iPhone visual voicemail - access to your voicemail via your recent calls list (also possible from the Google Voice app)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll do my best.

I believe the order I did it was:

1) Download Google Voice app
2) Go through set up on there - eventually it should tell you that on Verizon you are unable to set this up directly from your phone
3) Log into your Google account at voice.google.com
4) Click the settings menu
5) Go to the Voicemail tab
6) It should be pretty easy from here - set it up so that Google Voice calls your phone to record your greeting and make it the voicemail provider for your phone
7) Go to the app settings and check the "Voicemail display" box - which will let this act almost exactly like the iPhone visual voicemail - access to your voicemail via your recent calls list (also possible from the Google Voice app)

When I set mine up a few years ago, there was a number you had to dial to set it up with Verizon...guess that process is easier now!

I also like that it sends you an email to your GMail account when you get a message, so if I'm work I can listen right from my desk, rather then using the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad