Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By tytlyf
  • 1 Post By Dave-in-Decatur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default icon glossary?

    I read on my daily drip for the s4 that there is a glossary info section in the about device section, am I the only one that does't have it?

    BTW how do we paste pics on this forum?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Hey tcdude.

    Currently there is no way to embed images using the android central app. You would have to use the code [ IMG ] PIC URL HERE [/ IMG ] without spaces. As for an icon glossary, it could possibly be found under the help section, or "about phone" settings.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Hey tcdude.

    Currently there is no way to embed images using the android central app. You would have to use the code [ IMG ] PIC URL HERE [/ IMG ] without spaces. As for an icon glossary, it could possibly be found under the help section, or "about phone" settings.
    Sorry to disappoint but, unless I miss understood something, I use the AC forums app and I'm able to embed links and pictures without a problem.
    Here's a screenshot showing how to post pics:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails icon glossary?-1373515924148.jpg  
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  4. #4  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but, unless I miss understood something, I use the AC forums app and I'm able to embed links and pictures without a problem.
    Here's a screenshot showing how to post pics:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Yes, that is the android central forums application, which does in fact allow for image embedding. However, you will see that the OP's signature implies he is not posting from the forum application based on vanilla tapatalk, but instead the newly released android central application, which does not allow for image embedding just yet.

    Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
  5. #5  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Yes, that is the android central forums application, which does in fact allow for image embedding. However, you will see that the OP's signature implies he is not posting from the forum application based on vanilla tapatalk, but instead the newly released android central application, which does not allow for image embedding just yet.

    Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Oh!
    I thought it was the same app
    My bad

    Btw, I really like your picture in color instead of black and white.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    SenseMonkey likes this.
  6. #6  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Oh!
    I thought it was the same app
    My bad

    Btw, I really like your picture in color instead of black and white.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    It's a common misconception the new ac app is more for blog reason, but will hopefully soon have most of the features of the forum app. One can hope and thank you!

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    It's a common misconception the new ac app is more for blog reason, but will hopefully soon have most of the features of the forum app. One can hope and thank you!

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    :thumbup:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  8. #8  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Btw Jenny, how old are you?
    And when did you answered to my post? :what:
    Or, did you go back in time?
    Check my screenshot

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails icon glossary?-1373555554346.jpg  
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  9. #9  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Btw Jenny, how old are you?
    And when did you answered to my post? :what:
    Or, did you go back in time?
    Check my screenshot

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Hey stargate.
    That seems to be a common error with the ac forums app. I've seen it happen a few times. Pretty odd. But to answer your question, I am 20. Definitely not in my 40s

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Hey stargate.
    That seems to be a common error with the ac forums app. I've seen it happen a few times. Pretty odd. But to answer your question, I am 20. Definitely not in my 40s

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Hahaha!!! Yea, you're right, I think I've seen it before too
    A lady not afraid to say her real age, amazing! :thumbup:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Thanks for the response Jennifer I was going crazy trying to paste my screenshot lol

    I still haven't found any icon glossary though but I'll keep looking for it unless its only on the international version of the S4

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    The Icon Glossary and User Manual etc are located in the "Help" app. Go into apps and look for the Help one. It will have a Blue Questionmark
  13. #13  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by tytlyf View Post
    The Icon Glossary and User Manual etc are located in the "Help" app. Go into apps and look for the Help one. It will have a Blue Questionmark
    Yup! What he said :thumbup:
    Check screenshot.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails icon glossary?-1373565502212.jpg  
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  14. #14  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by tcdude View Post
    Thanks for the response Jennifer I was going crazy trying to paste my screenshot lol

    I still haven't found any icon glossary though but I'll keep looking for it unless its only on the international version of the S4

    Posted via Android Central App
    No problem this might help you.

    Edit: the screen shot didn't attach. See next post.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails icon glossary?-1373565816904.jpg  
  16. #16  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Yup! What he said :thumbup:
    Check screenshot.

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    Which carrier do you have? I'm with AT&T and my Help app didn't have the Icon Glossary. :-(
  17. #17  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ateganda29 View Post
    Which carrier do you have? I'm with AT&T and my Help app didn't have the Icon Glossary. :-(
    That's crazy! Why would that be carrier specific?!? smh. If all you need is just a list of what the icons mean, I believe they are in the normal user guide. So strange these phones vary so much depending on the carrier.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Hahaha!!! Yea, you're right, I think I've seen it before too
    A lady not afraid to say her real age, amazing! :thumbup:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    No one in their 20's is ever should ever ashamed to reveal their age, male or female!
  19. #19  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    6,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,369 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by ateganda29 View Post
    Which carrier do you have? I'm with AT&T and my Help app didn't have the Icon Glossary. :-(
    I have Sprint.

    Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    No one in their 20's is ever should ever ashamed to reveal their age, male or female!
    That's what us men think!
    But you'll be surprise how different women think


    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Yes that's perfect Jennifer thanks again

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Question Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by tytlyf View Post
    The Icon Glossary and User Manual etc are located in the "Help" app. Go into apps and look for the Help one. It will have a Blue Questionmark
    Could you please attach a screenshot of your help menu as mine doesn't seem to have the Icon Glossary and User Manual options that you mention.

    It may very well be that the help content is region or carrier specific or simply based on manufacturing date. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 running Android 4.2.2 on the Three UK network.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
    Could you please attach a screenshot of your help menu as mine doesn't seem to have the Icon Glossary and User Manual options that you mention.

    It may very well be that the help content is region or carrier specific or simply based on manufacturing date. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 running Android 4.2.2 on the Three UK network.
    Here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails icon glossary?-screenshot_2013-09-07-12-37-16.jpg   icon glossary?-k0bt.png  
    Thanked by:
    Felim_Doyle likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: icon glossary?

    My Verizon S4 does have the icon glossary in both the Help app and About phone. Stinks that other carriers don't! If the user manual for your carrier doesn't have it either, here is the manual on the Samsung Website, which should be carrier-independent: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_130412.pdf. There's an icon glossary on pp. 19-20.
    Thanked by:
    Felim_Doyle likes this.
  24. #24  

    Thumbs down Re: icon glossary?

    I can confirm that my Samsung Galaxy S4 on the Three UK network does not have those options.

    icon glossary?-screenshot_2013-09-09-11-25-37-180x320-.png

Similar Threads

  1. SMS messages send but icon remains for sending
    By Pattersonca1 in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 12:33 PM
  2. GPS not working! No icon in status bar...
    By Adrian Stirbu in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 03:06 PM
  3. Can pre-installed icons be removed?
    By kathyathome in forum T-Mobile Optimus T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 12:17 AM
  4. Icons on Homescree
    By glorya14 in forum Acer Iconia A200
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
  5. Maps update removes icon from app drawer
    By thegov in forum HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 01:15 AM

Posting Permissions