Spigen Slim Armor View + GLAS.tR Slim

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Slim Armor View case and while I don't have a screen protector on it, it certainly seems like that wouldn't effect it closing at all.

astroboi82

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I dont know, But i will say that I have the screen protector and its easily the best one I have ever had on any phone

I used to always use Wrapsol ones on my iphones, but they have gone out of business

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Spigen Slim Armor View Case will close properly with a Spigen GLAS.tR Slim protector on?

Galaxy S4 Case Slim Armor View | SPIGEN SGP
Galaxy S4 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass - GALAXY S4 - Samsung - Cell Phones | SPIGEN SGP

Yes, it will be fine.

This particular Glas version has a lower price point. According to what I saw with Spigen (on FB), this is a permanent price decrease.
Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP SGP10176 GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S4 (0.23mm) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
To who owns the case: is the flip cover flimsy or easily breakable, in your opinion? What about the taking pictures, does it affect picture quality?

Cheers

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
The flip cover gets in the way of the camera. The window doesn't quite clear the camera lens.

The flip door is pretty sturdy. I wouldn't swing the phone around by it, but it won't break off if that's the concern.

And it'll work fine with the Glas screen protector, though if you use the home button sticker, pressing on the closed door will cause the button to depress. So the screen protector is fine, but the home button sticker causes problems.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 8.0 via the Android Central App

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The flip cover gets in the way of the camera. The window doesn't quite clear the camera lens.

The flip door is pretty sturdy. I wouldn't swing the phone around by it, but it won't break off if that's the concern.

And it'll work fine with the Glas screen protector, though if you use the home button sticker, pressing on the closed door will cause the button to depress. So the screen protector is fine, but the home button sticker causes problems.

Thanks a lot for the answer. One review I read said that you had to press it firmly to be able to take pics without it getting in the way... don't understand how come spigen haven't though the camera problem through... Or is it a problem all flip cover with S-view mode have? Does the original Samsung flip cover have that problem also? If so, it's even worse, it's samsung own design flaw... Seems to me like a big deal... How do you do to take your pictures, them, just hold the flip cover in the middle when photographing?
Thanks once again

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the answer. One review I read said that you had to press it firmly to be able to take pics without it getting in the way... don't understand how come spigen haven't though the camera problem through... Or is it a problem all flip cover with S-view mode have? Does the original Samsung flip cover have that problem also? If so, it's even worse, it's samsung own design flaw... Seems to me like a big deal... How do you do to take your pictures, them, just hold the flip cover in the middle when photographing?
Thanks once again

When I have this case on, which is only occasionally, I just let the door hang down freely if I need to use the camera. But, if you torque the door just a bit when it's flipped all the way over, the window will be better centered and clear the camera lens.

I'm not sure if the Samsung flip door has the same problem.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, M8, thanks for all the help ;)
I though the translucid plastic opening could somehow diminuish the pictures quality or something... you say you dont use it that often... which one is your favorite, at the moment?
I am thinking about buying this one because I recently broke the glass of my S3 dress with my Samsung Protective Cover Plus in a very stupid and small fall so I decided to get a full body case for the S4 I am going to upgrade to.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I use the Slim Armor Flip when I'm traveling for business, since I don't want to drop my phone on the street in New York or Chicago. But the rest of the time I prefer something much lighter/slimmer. Using an Incipio feather shine or something like that. I normally use my phone so frequently that opening/closing the door all the time became a hassle.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I already got the case, its great, best case I ever had.
I ordered a 0,4mm screen protector (much like the Spigen Glas Tr, the non-Nano version), its from Aliexpress, 6,69$ shipped, other users say its very good for the price.
To anyone who has a 0,4mm glass protector and this case, will answering the calls in S-View mode by swiping through the plastic opening work properly?