Transitioning from iPhone to the Galaxy S4.

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
What's up guys, I got my Galaxy S4 a little over a month ago and have loved the switch for the most part. My biggest pet peeve has been trying to adapt (but hey, you gotta'). Over the course of me getting familiar with the Android OS and the S4 as a whole I've found apps that revive certain desired aspects from my old iPhone (primarily messaging and music). I just wanted to compile a little list of apps that I feel really helped me with my Android experience.

Messaging App: Textra (so clean and beautiful)
Music App: doubleTwist (once again, so clean and beautiful)
E-Mail App: G-Mail (what else!)
iTunes Syncing: iSyncr

Alternative music apps: Hi Music (which is a total copy cat of the Apple Music app if you want that, but I found the app to be a little jittery in its operation and that was a deal break for me).

Oh and for my camera app I downloaded the Google Edition camera for my S4 which you can find here; Download Google Edition Galaxy S4 & HTC One Camera App, Live Wallpaper, Boot Animation For Any Android Device | Redmond Pie

I'm still looking for a useful notepad app as well as a calendar app that updates in real time (as in, the day changing on the actual app), if you have any iPhone-esque apps to share please feel free. I hope this helps someone!

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
What's up guys, I got my Galaxy S4 a little over a month ago and have loved the switch for the most part. My biggest pet peeve has been trying to adapt (but hey, you gotta'). Over the course of me getting familiar with the Android OS and the S4 as a whole I've found apps that revive certain desired aspects from my old iPhone (primarily messaging and music). I just wanted to compile a little list of apps that I feel really helped me with my Android experience.

Messaging App: Textra (so clean and beautiful)
Music App: doubleTwist (once again, so clean and beautiful)
E-Mail App: G-Mail (what else!)
iTunes Syncing: iSyncr

Alternative music apps: Hi Music (which is a total copy cat of the Apple Music app if you want that, but I found the app to be a little jittery in its operation and that was a deal break for me).

Oh and for my camera app I downloaded the Google Edition camera for my S4 which you can find here; Download Google Edition Galaxy S4 & HTC One Camera App, Live Wallpaper, Boot Animation For Any Android Device | Redmond Pie

I'm still looking for a useful notepad app as well as a calendar app that updates in real time (as in, the day changing on the actual app), if you have any iPhone-esque apps to share please feel free. I hope this helps someone!

Sorry I don't know any good apps just wanted to say Welcome to the Android family. :)

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Look into aCalendar and AK Notepad. I've been using the latter for years across two phones.

The aCalendar widget is really nice. Allows you to open and scroll through a day's appointments without having to open your calendar app. It syncs with Google Calendar as well.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Necrodox

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I don't know any good apps just wanted to say Welcome to the Android family. :)

Thanks bud, much appreciated!

Look into aCalendar and AK Notepad. I've been using the latter for years across two phones.

The aCalendar widget is really nice. Allows you to open and scroll through a day's appointments without having to open your calendar app. It syncs with Google Calendar as well.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Sweet, I'll check them out right now.

zimmer0

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
regarding doubleTwist. Is the playback via bluetooth good? I have an F150 with SYNC and using Play Music (stock app) the volume does not correspond with my controls. I can max out the trucks volume without it getting nearly as loud as my iphone reproduced. Your experience?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2