My Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery life is Rubbish!

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have Google Now off, and all features off except Air View...you can easily turn the ones u want on by dragging 2 fingers down on the notification bar... Also 30% brightness... U will be a very happy camper... I feel like I could do better though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

Could you post your battery history chart, that's the one you get by clicking the graph

Sent from my GT-N7100

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Could you post your battery history chart, that's the one you get by clicking the graph

Sent from my GT-N7100

This is mine now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373858402039.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373858402039.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 94

kioko91

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Prior to today I've gotten 14+ hours easily per day. Then, with no programs open and my phone away during my shift at work, I pick it up and this happens. uploadfromtaptalk1373858718447.jpg

I wasn't running anything, nor Google maps, and my GPS is off. Anyone have any idea?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Prior to today I've gotten 14+ hours easily per day. Then, with no programs open and my phone away during my shift at work, I pick it up and this happens. View attachment 73947

I wasn't running anything, nor Google maps, and my GPS is off. Anyone have any idea?

Go to ur settings in Maps and turn off location history and location reporting

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Guess ~5 hours onscreen time is the realistic target for the s4

Sent from my GT-N7100

If your settings are right then yeah.... It took me a while to figure out the optimal settings for my device... I did a few trials and tests but finally found something I'm happy with

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.

My signal is terrible in the village I live, but in my house and surrounding areas my signal ranges from one bar to full signal! Time without signal is 30% apparently.

Does anybody have any advice on what I should do? I feel like I'm having to turn off all the cool features that I bought the phone for just so I can preserve battery life!

I was thinking of either: Buying a secondary battery to take out with me, buying a bigger battery (maybe a zerolemon 7000mAh ish or a 5200mAh battery), buying a case that can charge my phone, factory resetting my device to see if it's something I've done, ringing customer service and see if I can get a replacement battery. Any opinions?

Turning off GPS and Google now added hours to my battery life. I like Google now but not enough to sacrifice the battery life. When I go out, I turn GPS on, but there's no need when I'm home. All other features are on (gestures, etc)

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why Google Now drops the S4 battery.. I leave mine be and I'm fine on my HTC One.

Software bug maybe?

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why Google Now drops the S4 battery.. I leave mine be and I'm fine on my HTC One.

Software bug maybe?

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

More likely, the fact that I'm in an area that's on the edge, probably always working to get the info - *shrug*

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

outcast0007

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
It's not the device that is the issue. Verizon/Samsung pushed a new software update on 7/13/2013 which caused a 'glitch' so say Verizon on the Galaxy S4. I had my S4 since it came out and it has been great, until 7/13/2013. Verizon wants to replace it with a new phone, but I think this is not going to work. If this is a glitch, they need to send an update ASAP.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been delaying the update every time I get the reminder. Can I keep doing this indefinitely or is there a way to just reject the update altogether? I'd like to stop getting the reminders. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

astroboi82

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
With brightness on max and no power saving apps

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1374453231795.jpg
    1374453231795.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 47

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not the device that is the issue. Verizon/Samsung pushed a new software update on 7/13/2013 which caused a 'glitch' so say Verizon on the Galaxy S4. I had my S4 since it came out and it has been great, until 7/13/2013. Verizon wants to replace it with a new phone, but I think this is not going to work. If this is a glitch, they need to send an update ASAP.

Mine on Sprint has done the same thing since the update. It's really frustrating since it had great battery life before that. It's probably 30 percent worse. Is anyone else experiencing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

s4user1

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Try to update your software if it is not the last firmware .
If i helped hit the Thanks:D

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

dacbeth

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine on Sprint has done the same thing since the update. It's really frustrating since it had great battery life before that. It's probably 30 percent worse. Is anyone else experiencing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

Mine did this before the update. Did a factory reset, no problem since.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia