1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Navigation bug?

Recently, google updated maps/navigation to a new build. I can turn on turn-by-turn directions, and it will pick it up and follow directions just fine. However, if I lock the screen and unlock it, it goes back to the screen asking me to select a destination. The notification still shows it is following directions to the previously set destination. If I click my previous destination and turn navigation back on, the app crashes and I have to clear it from recent apps for it to work again. I've done a little bit of googling and found no help.

Anybody have similar issues or ideas?

Default Re: Navigation bug?

I'm having some of the same issues.
    When I enter a destination and exit from the app, I don't see my recent destination anywhere. Where is that located?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having some of the same issues.
    When I enter a destination and exit from the app, I don't see my recent destination anywhere. Where is that located?

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

If you go to settings within maps there is a place for recent destinations.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Ive had the same issue its bs!

Oh that really sucks. I'm going to be taking a road trip from Northeastern Pennsylvania to the Finger Lakes in New York next weekend, and I'll be relying on Google Navigation. Thankfully, I won't be the one driving, so I'll be able to make corrections if needed without getting distracted from driving. Guess I'll just have to uninstall the Maps update if it isn't patched by Saturday and proves to be buggy.

I'm having the same issue! Once I leave the navigation page, there is no way to get back to that page. I can see at the top of the screen that navigation is still going, but there is no way for me to get back to the map/directions list.

I'm having the same issues. It's slow and it crashes constantly. I'm on an ATT GS4.

What's weird is you start your navigation and go to another app then back to Nav and it's running and giving voice turn by turn but not showing it on the map.

It's as if it's running in the background but you can't get back to the screen showing your location and direction.

I uninstalled the maps update and I'm back to the previous version so hopefully I can wait for a fix soon.