Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So moving over to ATT

I am currently on Tmobile with Titanium Grey note II, Today I went into the ATT store to see the phones they have, I played the HTC one & Its not my style felt like a downgrade to me.. Now the S4 I love all its features and design but it felt cheap to me... Any opinions on what I should do? Before I switch over to ATT.. Should I just get the note 2 again? ( Love this phone )

Mighty Note II

Default Re: So moving over to ATT

I would wait for the note 3 before switching. I cant wait. Its probably going to be my first phone with that big of a screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post
    I am currently on Tmobile with Titanium Grey note II, Today I went into the ATT store to see the phones they have, I played the HTC one & Its not my style felt like a downgrade to me.. Now the S4 I love all its features and design but it felt cheap to me... Any opinions on what I should do? Before I switch over to ATT.. Should I just get the note 2 again? ( Love this phone )

Mighty Note II
    Don't know if you're aware of this but you can have your current Note II unlocked by t-mobile & then use it with AT&T service. You'll only be able to pick up HSPA+ with AT&T if you decide to use your current TMO Note II.

Quote Originally Posted by Tele_Phone View Post
    I would wait for the note 3 before switching. I cant wait. Its probably going to be my first phone with that big of a screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oy...TOO BIG. lol. 5 inches I think is going to be my maximum. To the OP, the One is a great phone. On style alone, it beats the S4 hands down. End of the day it is up to you. S4 is a feature packed powerhouse. AT&T though is obscenely overpriced.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I guess all the posters before me already beat me to this, but anyway.

You could just wait for the Note 3.

You can also try to get yours unlocked to use with AT&T.
    Why AT&T? They're so expensive!

At the end, only you will be able to make the hard choice. Only you know how the device will be use and if you'll be happy with it.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post

At the end, only you will be able to make the hard choice. Only you know how the device will be use and if you'll be happy with it.

I wish I can stay with Tmo love unlimited data, but my wife just wants att now, but I think Note 3 is worth waiting for.

Mighty Note II

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I wish I can stay with Tmo love unlimited data, but my wife just wants att now, but I think Note 3 is worth waiting for.

Mighty Note II
    How's coverage for you guys where you live? Does AT&T have better coverage then T-Mobile?

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

How's coverage for you guys where you live? Does AT&T have better coverage then T-Mobile?

This. Is there a real reason to switch? If you can handle caps sure but if you use a lot of data and get good coverage I don't see why the switch :P.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Do you walk into an Audi dealer and wonder why it's more expensive than the Honda dealer? (I own a Honda btw)

Why do people complain about AT&T on price? Complain all you want, but their network is STELLAR for majority of people. And their selection on phones and how quick they've been pushing flagship phone updates blows away the competition. Also, being GSM, the resale value of any phone you buy automatically goes up since people can unlock and just pop in a SIM.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    Do you walk into an Audi dealer and wonder why it's more expensive than the Honda dealer? (I own a Honda btw)

Why do people complain about AT&T on price? Complain all you want, but their network is STELLAR for majority of people. And their selection on phones and how quick they've been pushing flagship phone updates blows away the competition. Also, being GSM, the resale value of any phone you buy automatically goes up since people can unlock and just pop in a SIM.

No, I know about cars, so I definitely don't wonder about prices.

Not everywhere you go AT&T is "stellar"!
    If you notice, I also asked later if coverage was an issue :rolleyes:

And the OP said he's with T-Mo, GSM network FYI...

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Att has better coverage

Mighty Note II

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Att has better coverage

Mighty Note II
    Well, that explains it.
    I hope it works out, try to get the best for your hard earned.

No, I know about cars, so I definitely don't wonder about prices.

Not everywhere you go AT&T is "stellar"!
    If you notice, I also asked later if coverage was an issue :rolleyes:

And the OP said he's with T-Mo, GSM network FYI...

Well, that explains it.
    I hope it works out, try to get the best for your hard earned.

But in the end you made it about money again.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    But in the end you made it about money again.
    Of course!
    I'm not a millionaire! :rolleyes:
    All's good though

Thanked by:
    Farish 
    Farish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post

Att isn't bad.. He wasn't saying that.. It's just maybe not the best for all is all he was saying. That can be said about ANY network.

Also Sprint is good at pushing updates to phones.. Normally Sprint is first to update.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Att isn't bad.. He wasn't saying that.. It's just maybe not the best for all is all he was saying. That can be said about ANY network.

Also Sprint is good at pushing updates to phones.. Normally Sprint is first to update.

Thanks, there's always people who don't get it or don't want to get it! Oh well!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

I love hearing people say that AT&T is expensive. You get what you pay for. I had T-Mobile service for all of 36 hours and their service was absolutely not what I needed nor wanted. I quickly switched back to AT&T. I get coverage and data connections everywhere I go. I am currently using the S4 and love it. Tried the Note 2 and I wanna say that I got tired of the device and possbily the size too. Switch to AT&T and shell out a few more buck but enjoy smoother and much better service without all the hiccups.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedward318 View Post
    I love hearing people say that AT&T is expensive. You get what you pay for. I had T-Mobile service for all of 36 hours and their service was absolutely not what I needed nor wanted. I quickly switched back to AT&T. I get coverage and data connections everywhere I go. I am currently using the S4 and love it. Tried the Note 2 and I wanna say that I got tired of the device and possbily the size too. Switch to AT&T and shell out a few more buck but enjoy smoother and much better service without all the hiccups.
    Just because you don't think it's expensive or had hiccups doesn't mean it's for all. I get HSPA around town with 8-10 Mbit down... And 30 down / 20 up average on LTE with T-Mobile and have zero hiccups in service around town. Now do I know this isn't everyone? Sure... But you can't expect your experience to be everyone's.

As your example.. ATT isn't expensive and better service? Well I have no hiccups with my T-Mobile and it's $59 before taxes due to my discount... And I'm currently on 12GB used this month with 16 days left in my billing cycle. If I went to ATT I'd pay more for the get go and then data.. I'd get good speeds on ATT as well but not much different than what I get now on T-mobile.

Now I understand your area sucks for T-mobile so I can't blame you for jumping ship... But it doesn't mean that ATT is the best choice for all due to your issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Just because you don't think it's expensive or had hiccups doesn't mean it's for all. I get HSPA around town with 8-10 Mbit down... And 30 down / 20 up average on LTE with T-Mobile and have zero hiccups in service around town. Now do I know this isn't everyone? Sure... But you can't expect your experience to be everyone's.

As your example.. ATT isn't expensive and better service? Well I have no hiccups with my T-Mobile and it's $59 before taxes due to my discount... And I'm currently on 12GB used this month with 16 days left in my billing cycle. If I went to ATT I'd pay more for the get go and then data.. I'd get good speeds on ATT as well but not much different than what I get now on T-mobile.

Now I understand your area sucks for T-mobile so I can't blame you for jumping ship... But it doesn't mean that ATT is the best choice for all due to your issues.

Notice that I said that it was not what I wanted. I was only speaking on my experiences with the company and service adding my insight. Its called having an opinion,

Notice that I said that it was not what I wanted. I was only speaking on my experiences with the company and service adding my insight. Its called having an opinion,
    Opinions are cool.. But no reason to scoff because someone may see ATT is more expensive. You don't know their finances or reasons is all. Just like in my opinion Verizon is insane on prices but for some it may be worth it since they travel a bunch and have coverage everywhere where as I don't travel that much so...

Last edited by Almeuit; 08-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

All the carriers are pretty good around here. But as soon as you go to certain areas outside the main cities and Sprint and T-Mobile are the ones with signal, 1-2 bars but something is better then nothing!

And of course there are places where only Verizon has signal. Anyway, yes, Verizon and AT&T are way more expensive, even you know it but don't care, saying with some cinism you love how people say AT&T is expensive tells me you don't care paying more for the good service you get with them, and I get that. But you also have to understand that AT&T is not the best everywhere.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!