Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ilgin Azazi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Mic not working

Hey everyone, this is my first post here after looking online I can't seem to find the solution so I thought I would come here to see if anyone would know.

I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S4 when it originally came out and have had it since but never really used the phone on it however when I did the person on the other line I could hear perfectly but they would not be able to hear me until I plugged in my headset that came with the S4 that has a built in mic. Its gotten ti thw point now where my headset has come to an end and I don't have one handy at the moment but still tried to call and I get the same problem. I can hear them but they can't hear me.

S Voice works, however phone calls don't unless an external mic is plugged in. Any input would be greatly appreciated since I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Mic not working

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBard View Post
    Hey everyone, this is my first post here after looking online I can't seem to find the solution so I thought I would come here to see if anyone would know.

I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S4 when it originally came out and have had it since but never really used the phone on it however when I did the person on the other line I could hear perfectly but they would not be able to hear me until I plugged in my headset that came with the S4 that has a built in mic. Its gotten ti thw point now where my headset has come to an end and I don't have one handy at the moment but still tried to call and I get the same problem. I can hear them but they can't hear me.

S Voice works, however phone calls don't unless an external mic is plugged in. Any input would be greatly appreciated since I'm not quite sure what to do with it.
    I had the same problem. When you are in a call, ensure the noise cancelation option is not selected. It transits voice terribly. I turned off the feature and now my phone works perfectly. I thought I was going to have to get a new phone, but it worked after I screwed with it for awhile. Let me know if it works. The noise cancelation is halfway down the screen on the left side.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hm, the setting for noise cancellation was already unchecked so I checked it and unchecked it again and tried calling with no avail. Might have to finally return this. Lol.

Hi...
    I also have the same problem. I can't hear my caller and they can't hear mine too. Sometimes I could only hear muffled sound. Resetting, installing soundboost or not opt for noise reduction... NOT working at all. I have to use earphone everytime I receive a call. Gotta go for repair. This glitch really annoys me.

My son has a S4 and had the same problem. We took it into a Sprint repair location and they sent a replacement phone. It worked fine for a while then the same problem. We took it in again. They then looked at the microphone hole at the bottom of the phone. It was plugged with something. They needed to take the phone apart to clean it. They reassembled and it worked for a couple weeks. Same problem has reoccurred. This seams to be a design problem since I have an S3 with no problems.

ALL, I had the same problem. I called my carrier, T-Mobile. I spent about an hour doing troubleshooting, and it was determined that the microphone stopped working, I can use my headphones because it has a mic on it. But that is way too inconvenient! They sent me a new one the same day. Suppose to get it sometime this week. Once they verified there was no water damage, they stopped and just said we will send you a brand new one.

Hey everyone,

Well, I had this problem with my samsung galaxy express. Just now, I managed to solve it. The problem is; the microphone socket is getting dirty (for some reason and blocks the voice), just get a tiny nidle and poke the whole in the bottom of the phone. If that doesnt work, unscrew and open your phone and poke the bottom part where the small mic hole meets with chips and staff. It will work!

Cheers!
    Thanked by:
    Habyomar likes this.

it worked that needle suggestion thanx

try a firmware upgrade through Samsung kies I am a tech most of the time this resolves the issues but it will wipe your phone so make sure you do a complete back up