ZeroLemon 7500 Mah Extended Battery(39$) / 2 3000 Mah extended + charger ($20)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a sample of the type of battery life you can expect, from the s3 version of this battery

1373843952770.jpg

1373843960310.jpg

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Are there any "bigger" batteries that fit right into the phone, that still uses the S4's backplate, etc. so that one doesn't need to change their current case?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Are there any "bigger" batteries that fit right into the phone, that still uses the S4's backplate, etc. so that one doesn't need to change their current case?

Watch the video, the guy explains that the 3000 mah fits with the stock cover. That's pretty much the highest ur gonna get without having to replace it

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I was interested in that one, until I went to ZL's web site and saw the following:

without NFC

So, does anyone know of any "extended" batteries that still fit normally, and also has NFC?

I would check amazon, but I doubt you will get the same capacity as this one and still have the NFC

How often do you use NFC that you need it? The battery I have has NFC and I never used it, is it necessary for your daily usage?

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info... just ordered one of these big boys... now I play the waiting game....:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Craigyc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have both! I use the 3000 for weekdays and it is as you would expect a slightly better performer than the stock battery! I have never used NFC so that wasn't an issue for me!

The 7500 battery is great! Pretty big but more importantly very heavy! I couldn't use it everyday but it will come in handy for long weekends away from a charger!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I almost bought on this. BUT....first, I loved the idea of it coming with its own case! One problem with these extended batteries is that it is hard to get a good case for them. Hyperion has a cheapie. Some seem to have no solution. Great idea, kudos.

But while the concept was good, reading the debate on Amazon convinced me that there are some issues with that case--particularly measurable loss of signal strength. Some of the speaker issues reported seemed misunderstood and less important (but many of the main defenders seemed to be solicited reviewers; ZL is not the only one and their competitors do it, too. it is very much in vogue these days to have companies run marketing campaigns by soliciting Amazon et al, reviews, but I look askance at that.)

After awhile, I figured, given the weight and size, the only real use I'd get out of this would be to use it on airplane trips. I wouldn't walk around with it. You know what--it's just as easy to buy a couple of extra OEM batteries and bring them with you, and on an airplane trip if that's not good an external battery works, too.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I would check amazon, but I doubt you will get the same capacity as this one and still have the NFC

How often do you use NFC that you need it? The battery I have has NFC and I never used it, is it necessary for your daily usage?

I have two Samsung phones, the S4, which is now my main phone, and the Galaxy Nexus, makes it easier to transfer things between the two.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I almost bought on this. BUT....first, I loved the idea of it coming with its own case! One problem with these extended batteries is that it is hard to get a good case for them. Hyperion has a cheapie. Some seem to have no solution. Great idea, kudos.

But while the concept was good, reading the debate on Amazon convinced me that there are some issues with that case--particularly measurable loss of signal strength. Some of the speaker issues reported seemed misunderstood and less important (but many of the main defenders seemed to be solicited reviewers; ZL is not the only one and their competitors do it, too. it is very much in vogue these days to have companies run marketing campaigns by soliciting Amazon et al, reviews, but I look askance at that.)

After awhile, I figured, given the weight and size, the only real use I'd get out of this would be to use it on airplane trips. I wouldn't walk around with it. You know what--it's just as easy to buy a couple of extra OEM batteries and bring them with you, and on an airplane trip if that's not good an external battery works, too.

I have heard about signal issues, prior to purchasing the battery, and decided that if I did see issues, that I would return it. But I never had any signal issue

As far as the weight of it, I guess it depends on the person I guess, I for one don't like holding devices that feel like paper, and feel that with the battery, I have a more sturdy device. And with it weighing more, you really don't know notice it, I guess if your a girl or maybe a young teen, the weight would be more of an issue, or if you wear skinny jeans or something and don't like how it looks in your pants , but I really don't have any issues with the added weight at all. After a day or 2 u get used to it

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not buying it with the 3000 batteries:

The 2600 already fits tight with the cover.

Most of the reviews at Amazon appear to be planted.

There is no magic method to yield 400 more mah in the same size.

Saying they made room by removing NFC means the person saying this does not know how that tech is designed in the battery.

Seems to not add up.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Most of the reviews at Amazon appear to be planted.

A growing and troubling trend. I discount every such review. Even when these amateur reviewers are trying to be honest and make full disclosures, and I think most try, it concerns me when I see these campaigns as I think that it inherently distorts the process and biases it. Even if (a big if in some cases) the mfg. doesn't act in a blatant heavy handed fashion, like setting quid pro quos for freebies, they can still easily direct the trend in reviews by only sending products to certain people they know, trust and expect will review them favorably. Negative reviews may mean that person doesn't get any more stuff. You've weeded out the other side of the story as a result. You find out who likes your stuff--and who plays ball--pretty quickly. Even if they honestly like your stuff, it slants the process simply by virtue of there being a selection process at all.

It seems to be a growing thing--let's not single out one mfg for doing it, because who doesn't?--but I'm a little weary of these marketing campaigns to garner reviews on consumer sites meant for customers, as well as the people who seem so intent on doing them. The reviews are supposed to be from customers. It's a perversion of the process. When I see these campaigns for reviews, I'm automatically turned off. If you want actual professional reviews send the item to a professional who deals with such matters regularly and whose reputation and career hangs in the balance, and live with the result. Then reference that result if you get a good one in your own advertising so people can have informed views from third parties. When by stealth you try to turn the amateur army into solicited reviewers, this amounts to trying to create advertising "under cover." There's a thumb on the scale. These people are neither consumers, for whom the review process was supposed to exist, nor professionals, who may have very different standards and procedures less subject to manufacturer control and interjection. Again, it doesn't mean that every such review is wrong or dishonest. But it does mean that as a group the totality of the reviews--which is how ratings are garnered--have been influenced.

I'd add, I can understand why amateur reviews are so frustrating for manufacturers. You see so many uninformed comments that are jaw dropping, but may hurt sales. But still--these amateur reviews are supposed to be candid samplings, not prearranged material slanted by marketing campaigns.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That's a super long post, sorry I don't have the time to read the whole thing, but anyway, even if some reviews are fake, you can take a look at all their other products simular to this one and just read the reviews of those and make a decision off of that

And you can easily return products, some companies on amazon actually let you keep the product and get refunded

Not to mention the 180 day warranty they give u

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
That's a super long post, sorry I don't have the time to read the whole thing, but anyway, even if some reviews are fake, you can take a look at all their other products simular to this one and just read the reviews of those and make a decision off of that

And why would that set of others reviews be any different in reliability than the first set? As argued in my post, perhaps one of the parts you didn't read, soliciting reviews on consumer sites is an ongoing trend that is making reviews useless (or at least suspect) in general. It is not just an issue about one manufacturer or one product. Sorry for the length of posts, but serious issues aren't always easy to handle in a Twitter tweet.O:)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
And why would that set of others reviews be any different in reliability than the first set? As argued in my post, perhaps one of the parts you didn't read, soliciting reviews on consumer sites is an ongoing trend that is making reviews useless (or at least suspect) in general. It is not just an issue about one manufacturer or one product. Sorry for the length of posts, but serious issues aren't always easy to handle in a Twitter tweet.O:)

Because not every review is fake, I'm sure a decent percentage are, but if you're trying to say none of the reviews have value, even including the one posted in the op, i think ur wrong

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
One reason my post was long was because I carefully said what I had to say, and that's not exactly what I said. For example, I have no reason to object to reviews that begin "Amazon verified purchaser," for instance. I still don't understand why one set of reviews for Product X would be any more helpful than another set for Product Y. I'd presume each collection would have the same flaws as a group, but, in any event and moving on, when you say "not every review is fake," all I can say is... if that's your best argument, that all too clearly reinforces the essential point on what a minefield the consumer review process has become.

They become suspect as a group, which I did say, not because every one is fake, but because you can't really tell any more which is which and because there are so many fakes affecting the community, changing the overall ratings, which depend on averaging of stars given for each review, etc.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
One reason my post was long was because I carefully said what I had to say, and that's not exactly what I said. For example, I have no reason to object to reviews that begin "Amazon verified purchaser," for instance. I still don't understand why one set of reviews for Product X would be any more helpful than another set for Product Y. I'd presume each collection would have the same flaws as a group, but, in any event and moving on, when you say "not every review is fake," all I can say is... if that's your best argument, that all too clearly reinforces the essential point on what a minefield the consumer review process has become.

They become suspect as a group, which I did say, not because every one is fake, but because you can't really tell any more which is which and because there are so many fakes affecting the community, changing the overall ratings, which depend on averaging of stars given for each review, etc.

Like I said, it's amazon, you can always return or whatever you need to do if the product isn't up to your liking. I've used one of their batteries for months now with 0 issue, there are even threads on xda discussing the battery if you don't feel amazon's reviewers are real or legitimate enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech