1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nova launcher apps dissapearing

Has anyone has problems with apps disappearing when they are within folders?? I keep organizing apps in folders on my desktop and next thing I know half of them are gone!! Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nova launcher apps dissapearing

Uninstalled and reinstalled and still same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameiserich View Post
    Uninstalled and reinstalled and still same issue.

Yeah that actually just happened to me today. I only have one folder on my phone and It's for my games. When I looked at it, the folder was gone and was replaced with only one game. I just put the games back and made a new folder and it hasn't happened again yet.
    r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Does this happen when you reboot your phone? It did for me. All I did was go into application mangement and click on the app that keeps disappearing from folder and I changed the storage from SD card to device's storage. I have no idea how my some of my apps are installed on the SD card in the first place, nonetheless, this method did the trick for me. My apps are not disappearing anymore.

I'm not sure. I did restart my phone and noticed it happened again though.

Edit: just tested with a restart and it happened again.

Quote Originally Posted by r2t View Post
    Does this happen when you reboot your phone? It did for me. All I did was go into application mangement and click on the app that keeps disappearing from folder and I changed the storage from SD card to device's storage. I have no idea how my some of my apps are installed on the SD card in the first place, nonetheless, this method did the trick for me. My apps are not disappearing anymore.

Ohh okay I see. That seems to make sense because I put all my games onto the sd card. The only game that wasn't on my sd card is the one that stayed on the home screen. Thanks!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have emailed the developer on this issue but no response yet. Hopefully this can be resolved. I want certain apps on my SD card

r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I have emailed the developer on this issue but no response yet. Hopefully this can be resolved. I want certain apps on my SD card

What I did was just made a game folder in the app drawer instead. I know it's not the same, but it's just one more extra step to your folder.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Having the same issue. I'm sure there will be an update for Nova very soon to fix this.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hope so. I switched to go launcher but it's a bit gimmicky for me

Im hearing "We told you so" bouncing around the halls of Google! As I recall "Disappearing apps when SD card is dismounted" was one of the very common problems Google was trying to prevent by removing the Move to SD option in ICS. There may not be anything Nova can do at least without rooting. IMHO the real solution is to get the game developers to break their program into two pieces--a core "loader" in main memory and the rest on the card (if available at install time).

Just happened to me, the only icons that are disappearing are the ones that I moved on sd.

Sent from my GT-I9500

This is a known and common problem. They still have yet to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by r2t View Post
    What I did was just made a game folder in the app drawer instead. I know it's not the same, but it's just one more extra step to your folder.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    That's the same remedy that I've used for the exact same problem. Hopefully, there will be an update in the near future that will address this issue with apps on the SD card not retaining their home screen icons upon reboot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

My ap/widget launcher app disappeared today & I can't figure out how to get it back. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

You can vote up this issue to the Nova Launcher developer here

Is anyone having problems with nova rearranging your icons in your folders? I have a certain order that when I click the folder I immediately press that icon so it's imperative that icon is always in the same place, but now they are being rearranged in a different order every time. Nothing is disappearing, just getting constantly moved around.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

So I take it this isn't happening with the built in TW launcher? A bit annoying since I am moving off my HTC One and was going back to the S4 for the SD card storage. I thought we could only put the core app on the SD Card and app data would stay on the internal storage which defeats the purpose. Th app data is what hogs up the space.

Folders where--desktop or drawer? They function differently. Nova leaves apps in folders on the desktop in custom order unless you press menu sort. But apps in a group folder in the drawer are always sorted alphabetically--the only option is whether sub-folders appear first or sorted with the apps. Really wish they'd change the drawer to support custom order too. I use sub-folders to hold the less common apps so important ones are easier to see.

If it's the folders on the desktop that's being rearranged I haven't seen that happen without pressing sort. But I've only got a couple of those--my big use of folders is in the drawer.

I just got almost all my apps hidden, still can't find my widgets, and no matter how I changed the settings, I couldn't really get them back so that they were install-able
    Rather than feedback to novalauncher, I'm trying Apex, or Holo or Next, until I find something more sophisticated. I was really disturbed when I went to their home page for help, only to discover they only had an advertisement. No FAQs, no forum, nothing. I understand they're very inexpensive, but I've just wasted my time and my time isn't inexpensive.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Has anyone has problems with apps disappearing when they are within folders?? I keep organizing apps in folders on my desktop and next thing I know half of them are gone!! Any help would be appreciated.

I know this is an old thread but I figured I would see if the issue has been fixed? For the record I have bought paid versions of both Nova and Apex but use Apex. I only mention it because Apex has the exact same problem as you are describing with Nova. I was going to reinstall Nova and try it to see if it happens but if it's also an issue then I don't want to waste my time.

It's interesting how similar Apex and Nova are, right down to the bugs.

It's also interesting how similar they are to the now abandon "Launcher Pro" whose dev kept stringing us customers along with promises the app was not abandon, only to disappear leaving the app broken on new versions of Android.

It's even more interesting the domains for both Apex and Nova were registered within a month of each other and shortly after the Launcher PRO dev went awol with the several millions he made on the app. I know he mentioned trying to get US citizenship in a forum post; wonder if he ever made it to the states. I know others have used the fact Apex and Nova are registered with two different registers as proof they are not the same dev but I have several domains with different registers so I doesn't mean jack.

Lastly, both devs joined Xda within a month of each other in 2010.

I am sure it's all coincidence as having two dev accounts on the Google Market is a violation of the TOS and I would bet both Google and customers would have something to say if both (or all three) are the same person.