Beeping noise every minute during phone call

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just recently keep hearing a beeping noise every minute during a phone call. Is there a setting that accidentally got turned on?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That's the NSA recording the call :)

I found this in another forum here (in the RAZR MAXX forums). Might be worth a shot to check it?
I have the same on my new Galaxy S4. Driving me crazy so I did some exploring. Go to settings/my device/ and scroll down to "call". Then "call alerts". Under "Call status tones" you will find all 3 culprits like "call connect tone", "Minute minder", and "Call end tone". De-select them and you're all set.

viperiii

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the NSA recording the call :)

I found this in another forum here (in the RAZR MAXX forums). Might be worth a shot to check it?

Exactly right! thanks for the post!
Call Minute Minder...
found last night... (Wish someone would have updated the solution sooner!)

Settings > Device > Call/s > Minute Minder (uncheck) Done...
Funny that some older roms 4.2.x don't seem to have it in the same place... but newer one was right there... Gone...

staticelectric

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the GS4... where exactly is the settings on this phone? I'm looking under call settings, but don't see the minute notify button
Thanks in advance.
kiM~

Morgan Hawkins

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
You just need to disable the minute minder. Apparently that's a setting that allows your phone to beep every minute during a call.

Posted via Android Central App

Asavage50

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I know this is years late but there seems to still be a problem so... PROBLEM: Samsung s4 and s5 (and minis) beep when you are talking all during the call. If you look at the phone and see random #'s after the number you are talking to this will fix it. SOLUTION: Phone somehow goes from a 'turned off screen' during calls to a turned on one (unsure what causes this). The Fix: settings, my device, call, call settings, put check by "turn off screen during calls". It stays for a few months and then somehow goes back to beeping and you have to do this again.

Sarah Nashold

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
omg. i love you i love you i love you v3 and everything else. i was about to die. it just started happening recently and i deleted all the new apps, i didn't know why. i thought that an app had started recording my calls because when you are begin recorded it sometimes makes that beep. thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. i was going to start thinking of killing.

shuvagata dey

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have problem regarding ...a beep sound is appear at same interval while call in progress ....every time....my device is HTC816G plz solve the problem any one plzzz help me

Patricia Thomas1

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Much appreciation and thanks to EvilMonkey for the posting on how to solve this annoying problem. When I first purchased my phone, in June I did not have this problem. It suddenly appeared after I had made a call to the local police about Indy 500 wannabees in our neighborhood. Did I some how activate this? Regardless, your solution worked and I am very thankful. Have a wonderful weekend!

MsAnnunaki

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Yes it has made me so panicked that I have not been able to function in a normal capacity. I have had several phones sometimes more than one at a time and since getting the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in July the beeping noise happens but not on a regular basis it happens within the first minute of a call and then does not happen until possibly a couple of minutes later so its not consistent it's very sporadic and I can never remember what we were talking about I always lose my train of thoughts and go get my tape recorder and start recording because no one believes that these beats are happening sometimes to hear the beats sometimes they don't hear the beep so I can play the recording back and they go oh yeah I hear the beat but anyway so it's just very very very very distracting because I'm always on the phone trying to conduct legal business and it makes it nearly impossible to use this galaxy note on the t-mobile network so it's probably not the call timer most likely since it is very inconsistent and it is never happened on my other phone and this is my seventh note phone in the last 4 years.

Down4War420

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
EvilMonkey you're the man...or woman. **** worked great. My family really is in some legal battle with the local police department and as of late they have been driving by non-stop. So for an instance I really thought it was them! THINK NOT! Thanks again!