Google Play Music Always Running?

Man In Black 805

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Every time I check my stock Task Manager, under "Acitve Applications", it always shows the "Google Play Music" app running, what is this and is it necessary that it is always running?

Man In Black 805

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I think I may have fixed it, I went to the Application Manager and found it and disabled it, seems fine now....seems to have been some kind of music service of some sort you can pay for...

CrossClown

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It can't be uninstalled on the galaxy S4, you can only disable it which will effectively stop it from turning itself back on. I did that with a number of apps I didn't want that couldn't be uninstalled and so far I haven't had any issues. I've disabled most of the preinstalled Verizon, Samsung, and Google apps. Any of the apps you choose to disable will not show up in your apps list but in the case you want to use them again, just re-enable them.

CrossClown

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
you should disable a lot of the other apps on there that turns itself on in the background without you knowing and without it showing up on task manager.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have fixed it, I went to the Application Manager and found it and disabled it, seems fine now....seems to have been some kind of music service of some sort you can pay for...

That's the best thing you can do. That's what I did and it does solve the issue.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I found that disabling Google play music would cause my s4 to power down a few times a day. I don't know why this would happen, but after some trial and error... Figured this out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I found that disabling Google play music would cause my s4 to power down a few times a day. I don't know why this would happen, but after some trial and error... Figured this out.

That would be odd if it really caused this.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

eric670

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
It always running because some corrupted files to solve this go to settings and reset your phone after resetting phone you never get this app always running and youdont have to disable it

Global_Mongrel

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
It always running because some corrupted files to solve this go to settings and reset your phone after resetting phone you never get this app always running and youdont have to disable it

I actually use Google Play Music as my music player, if I reset as you explain above, will I loose my installed music?

Sue Henderson1

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Disabling the app doesn't work as it will re-enable itself. It is eating away at my battery life. I even bought an extended battery and it is still dies after about 6 hours of use. Resetting the phone only works until it decides to enable itself. It is very annoying. Plus after resetting the phone you have load all your stuff back on it. Not at all what I had in mind for a smart phone. Lots of maintenance and my is a IIs. Seems the 3, 4 and 5 are not any better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney