What app do you use for music?

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Spotify

I got so sick and tired of trying to organize and synchronize my music over all of my computers and devices and trying to find good quality downloads. I started using Pandora and Slacker, but they only play songs "like" the ones that I wanted to listen to, and I would run into the caps in a couple of days. Plus streaming ate a bunch of data. With Spotify I can build playlist of just the songs that I want to hear. They also have an excellent selection. There hasn't been a single song that I haven't been able to find. I have a yearly subscription that I paid $99 for. I can also download my play lists to my devices so I don't have to kill my data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I was thinking of getting the paid version of Spotify as well. Do you download your playlist on your home/office wi-fi or do you use your data? Also, does downloading the songs to play offline take up space?

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the paid version of Spotify as well. Do you download your playlist on your home/office wi-fi or do you use your data? Also, does downloading the songs to play offline take up space?

Yes, I use Wi-Fi to download the playlists, that way I don't use mobile data. The songs use some space but not nearly as much as full size mp3s do.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Google music also allows this function. Check which option is best for you! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip but I love Spotify. I have it on my PC, iPad and S4 but for the phone it is very limited.

I tried Spotify on my phone but it only worked exactly like Pandora, playing music like the music I was looking for buy not exactly what I was looking for. Is that how it's supposed to work on phones or do I need the paid version?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have Spotify on my PC and I can search for songs by title, artists, etc and build play lists of the songs that I want. It also recommends like artists and lists songs by popularity. The metrics are really amazing. I can't remember if you have to have a paid membership to do this or not. I signed up for the trial, and I was hooked. Definitely the best music service I've ever used.

salutcemoi

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I alternate between Power Amp and the stock player.

The stock one is great, but when I stop the music, the notification player doesn't go away automatically, unlike PA.
I have to close it manually.

Widgetwise, it's a toss up... You can customize the look of PA widget, but you can have a list on the stock one by resizing its widget.

Posted from my SGH-I337M

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried Spotify on my phone but it only worked exactly like Pandora, playing music like the music I was looking for buy not exactly what I was looking for. Is that how it's supposed to work on phones or do I need the paid version?

I think it works like 8tracks on the phone, you can listen to playlist with 6 skips per day, after that it would shuffle itself and you can't forward or rewind a song either. The best place for Spotify is the iPad, you can search for any artist/song/genre/playlist, there's no ads, you can skip songs, fast forward or rewind songs. You can do everything except download the songs, it's amazing on iPad, I almost thought they gave me a paid version, but it's the free version. You'll need the paid version for it to work like that on the phone. PC is almost same as iPad but there are ads every couple of songs.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it works like 8tracks on the phone, you can listen to playlist with 6 skips per day, after that it would shuffle itself and you can't forward or rewind a song either. The best place for Spotify is the iPad, you can search for any artist/song/genre/playlist, there's no ads, you can skip songs, fast forward or rewind songs. You can do everything except download the songs, it's amazing on iPad, I almost thought they gave me a paid version, but it's the free version. You'll need the paid version for it to work like that on the phone. PC is almost same as iPad but there are ads every couple of songs.

Oh, OK. Well at least I know I'm not doing it wrong. :) I'll think about getting the paid subscription.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe that's how the free version works. The paid version of Spotify and Google Music allow you to play any song or album on demand, use a radio function like Pandora but with unlimited skips, and they allow you to download playlists to your device for offline play later.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I believe that's how the free version works. The paid version of Spotify and Google Music allow you to play any song or album on demand, use a radio function like Pandora but with unlimited skips, and they allow you to download playlists to your device for offline play later.

Aha! Thank you for the clarification. :) It really would be worth it to get the paid service, considering most of my music is either on my broken computer or in storage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
the stock app looks good enough, but coming from an iPod for music I've been attached to the hip with iTunes so I've been looking into doubleTwist to sync with iTunes. the player's UI looks a bit cumbersome unfortunately...

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an App Radio 2 in my Mustang, and I use ARLiberator so that it mirrors my phone screen on the stereo. That way my phone goes in the center console, and I can control it through the 7" touch screen. Spotify works great for this.

uzypy6ab.jpg

aje9ehet.jpg

maranuhy.jpg

rjr1209

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 74277 Well if you like your music bass heavy, and this goes for anyone looking for a bass heavy setting ; First go to the "Present" option and choose "rock", then make sure the "Limit" option is not lit up, turn the knobs that say "Bass" and "treble" in a similar position as they are in the picture. Then move the "Preamp" slider to a little above the half way point. To me, this is perfect for any songs. :thumbup::p
Edit: Like smooth said, make sure you have a decent pair of headphones that have good frequency response. I personally use some beats by dre wireless cans. Gotta say, yes they are overpriced but tweak those settings in poweramp and if your a bass head your music'll sound amazing. :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Love this setting man with my beats sounds great!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL