What app do you use for music?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Samsung stock music app. I have adapt sound on and to my ears, this sounds better and louder than other apps I've tried. I have used power amp and Google Music but I always go back to the Samsung app.

so what do you guys use? and do you also notice better sound from the Samsung app. Also if you have a better music app, please let us know what's good.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading other threads about different equalizers and stuff. Perhaps it's not just the app bet also the eq and headphones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Music with the streaming service.. It is awesome but it does like to chomp up data.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

Mitri360

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I use google music to stream my library but im having thr issue with my s4 of the volume going up and down on its own and having to pause the song and start it to get it to the correct level. Anyone else having that?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I use poweramp; i love my music bass heavy so my tweaks make that happen, sounds awesome to me. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use google music to stream my library but im having thr issue with my s4 of the volume going up and down on its own and having to pause the song and start it to get it to the correct level. Anyone else having that?

Hm that is odd. I have heard about other S4s having similar issues but not sure on the fix.

I can say it doesn't happen on my HTC One... The worst that happens is maybe every other day it will randomly crash upon song switch.. Just started this about a week ago but I just force close it and open it and won't have any issues the rest of the day.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
PowerAmp for sure!
Listen to the same song with PowerAmp and the Stock player on good headphones or speakers....you will hear a big difference, PowerAmp is WAYYY better

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Stock player. Other apps usually add to much distortion to the quality of the music, not sound level distortion but changes the way the music sounds.

from what ever phone I feel like using today

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Jet audio which is really nice, has many presets to choose from, 20 band EQ, preamp, x-bass to enhance bass, reverbs, you can give it wider stereo effect and has gain controls.
I also really like Rocket Player, nice layout, good EQ.
I liked Noozy plater but kept crashing every time tried to access my Brower or other apps.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
what settings do you use on power amp. I get overwhelmed whenever I try and mess with the eq in power amp.
1374210197604.jpg Well if you like your music bass heavy, and this goes for anyone looking for a bass heavy setting ; First go to the "Present" option and choose "rock", then make sure the "Limit" option is not lit up, turn the knobs that say "Bass" and "treble" in a similar position as they are in the picture. Then move the "Preamp" slider to a little above the half way point. To me, this is perfect for any songs. :thumbup::p
Edit: Like smooth said, make sure you have a decent pair of headphones that have good frequency response. I personally use some beats by dre wireless cans. Gotta say, yes they are overpriced but tweak those settings in poweramp and if your a bass head your music'll sound amazing. :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Used the stock player until I got my Google Play Music account. I liked the stock player, but since I am now gobbling up what google has to offer in their library, I am using that almost exclusively. The built-in Google Play Music app equalizer does everything i need it to do, just wish it was more readily accessible (buried in a settings menu).

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Spotify

I got so sick and tired of trying to organize and synchronize my music over all of my computers and devices and trying to find good quality downloads. I started using Pandora and Slacker, but they only play songs "like" the ones that I wanted to listen to, and I would run into the caps in a couple of days. Plus streaming ate a bunch of data. With Spotify I can build playlist of just the songs that I want to hear. They also have an excellent selection. There hasn't been a single song that I haven't been able to find. I have a yearly subscription that I paid $99 for. I can also download my play lists to my devices so I don't have to kill my data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac